Sign in to follow this  
Griphos

Question about Live Camera

I'm pretty close to getting this, mostly for the weather, but I wouldn't mind replacing EZDOK with a less buggy interface (still crashes my system sometimes).

So I have a question about Live Camera. In EZDOK, one of the things I love the most is that I can set up a default Pilot camera for the VC where my eye viewpoint is right where it should be for each aircraft (centered in the seat at the right height and distance from the panel). This is saved for each aircraft so I don't have to select it or modify it each time I switch aircraft. Can Live Camera do the same thing easily?

Hi

Yes, out of all the camera views you create you can select one as default and that view will always be displayed each time you select the the aircraft (or one of the assigned aircraft) , the view will also be displayed automatically when you first run the OpusFSX server program and connect to the sim, load the sim flight etc.

For example, for all the B737 aircraft (I only fly the 737NGX varieties but assign the views to all for testing) I have created 6 cameras, took me just a few moments. I have B737 Captain (default), First Officer, MCP (central view), Overhead, Throttles, and Pedistal. I have set the smooth transition speed to 4 which is pretty fast and have enabled all the DHM and AHM effects on the Captain and First Officer views, enabled all the DHM effects on the MCP view.

I have absolutely no problem operating switches with the mouse whilst flying and would now never fly the 737NGX without the DHM and AHM (I have TrackIR but prefer AHM in the 737). The intelligent turbulence effects are amazing (not just my opinion). But all the DHM effects are real-life as I'm sure you have read. Warning - flying the 737 you will need a seat belt and your tray stowed when flying in strong turbulence or landing !

My opinion ... But I would not bother flying the 737 in the sim without the real-life effects now.

Regards

Stephen

Thanks for the quick response. Will I need to uninstall EZDOK so as not to conflict with your program, or just close EZCA after it starts automatically when I start FSX?

Great. Thanks again. I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

You won't regret it. The turbulence effects and the camera effects are the most realistic I have experienced. (Using the NGX) I uninstalled Ezydok, cannot see a reason to use it anymore.

Sorry for hijacking this thread Stephen, I have a question for you. I downloaded the NGX cam file from Opus web site, is it difficult to create additional views ? I would like to have a view of the CDU in VC mode.

Edit: Ok pays to read the manual, very easy to configure when you know how.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I took the plunge, and really like the LWE, but am not able to use DHM without FSXSERVER crashing. I've been working on it all morning. I've posted a more detailed description over on the Opus Flight 1 forum.

I also replied to your post on Simforums but just in case : DHM is fine but don't use AHM with TIR

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

DHM isn't fine for me. And AHM is automatically disabled withTrackIR running. I didn't even have it on until the final test.

Hi Griphos,

Sorry for the inconvenience but there is a problem with DHM at the moment if OpusFSX isn't installed on drive C. Either install on drive C or wait for us to post a new version probably tomorrow.

Regards

Cheryl

That must be the problem. I installed on D:/ drive, which is where I need to leave it. So, I'll be looking for that new version.

Thanks.

You guys sure are great at customer service. I like what I see so far of this program (after only a day's use), particularly the weather, and what issues there are with cameras and TrackIR appear to be worked on as soon as they are brought to your attention!

@Jean-Paul...I misread your message above. You were saying DHM is fine to use with TrackIR but not AHM. I thought you were saying DHM works fine. My bad!

No worries Griphos :biggrin:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Tested the new version this evening. All works extremely well now. I even flew the Dodo with DHM and it was quite realistic and enjoyable.