Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

FSGenesis worth it?

Hi,

I just bought UTX, GEX and SceneryTech Landclass USA. I really love the combination. Cities truly come to life and look much more accurate than default.

Now, I am wondering if I should add FSGenesis Mesh. I made a topic a few weeks ago discussing this and now I am debating if mesh is really worth it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

It depends on if you value mountains, hills and elevations that are more accurate than what FSX provides out of the box.

For the USA, I believe FSX shipped with 38m mesh as default, so not too bad. FSG provides 10m mesh for USA which obviosuly looks better.

For the rest of the world, FSG is a no brainer as FSX only provides 156m mesh I think for most of the rest of the world, including Canada.

The only caveat is Orbx regions which provide their own mesh down to 5m in most cases.

I have an FSG Galaxy lifetime membership and consider it one of the best FS investments I ever made so I may be a little biased!

Would you be kind enough to take a comparison shot?

Hi Ben, Jeff here..... :Peace:

Two words.... "maybe"..."if"....

"If" you love what you have, then fly it for a bit and see what you think.... Looking for more depth in the scenery at all altitudes, then spring for it... I really got hooked on FSG and tend to agree with Glenn and Jay.... "Maybe" you will too!

Best wishes.... Glad you like what you got so far!!

Jeff

Would you be kind enough to take a comparison shot?

Thats not so easy for me. I have it installed in its default location so its not able to be switched on and off in the scenery library to do a comparison shot.

If you like what UTX, GEX and Scenry Tech bring to FSX, its a no brainer about purchasing good mesh.

Thanks! I am purchasing it now!

Thats not so easy for me. I have it installed in its default location so its not able to be switched on and off in the scenery library to do a comparison shot.

Not a problem... Thanks for the help though!

To everyone:

I'm sold! :Big Grin:

Oh Yeah!!!

:lol:

Seriously though, thank you so much for your help everyone!! ^_^

I got it all installed... Holy COW!! What a massive difference! My test situation was in the Rocky Mountains near Eagle Colorado. - The Rockies pop off the screen with such detailed terrain contours! Wow!!

I bought the FSG meshes about six months ago and they definitely improve the FSX world..especially europe and asia..i bought ALL of them so my whole FSX globe is FSG meshed covered and even in the USA things look great and work well with the ORBX sceneries at transition points in and out of ORBX coverage

In short: FSGenesis is IMO one of the best scenery additions you can get for flying outside the ORBX scenery areas (or some other scenery with HQ custom mesh).