Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

Any FSnavigator lovers out there..check this out

now i am assuming people are having issues with this in DX9 FSX...Has anyone tried it in DX10 FSX, because i suspect it will handle the window issue a lot better in dx10

Why do you think it's better in dx10? Have you tried it in dx10 fullscreen without issues?

I followed their instructions and get a CTD every time. Running out of free sessions.

Ed Farley

Has anyone paid for it yet please and do you see more facilities after payment?

I see no PDF instructions?

Can anyone who has this working in full screen post what they did to get it working?

If I move the window in full screen, it continually redraws itself over the same window corrupting the display.

Someone said in an earlier thread they had it working in full screen, but I don't see how.

Remember - the docs state that it is NOT working properly in fullscreen so it will be a hit or miss. I have found that when a developer says something doesn't work, it is generally not a good idea to try to force it to work. I have seen systems trashed with that type of activity.If an errant program starts randomly writing to memory or HDD, you are asking for trouble. May I suggest leaving it to the developer who knows his own code to work out the issues? Some may not care if the reformat and reinstall due to an error but others would have a problem.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Removed ,waiting for fix.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

May I suggest leaving it to the developer who knows his own code to work out the issues?

Vic

I emailed the developer, and he replied that he can't make it work in full screen.

From his email, it sounded like he gave up trying to make it work so unless he changes his mind and works on it again, or until someone else finds an alternate solution, most full screen users are out of luck.

It runs within FSX, and has airport parking maps.

FINALLY.

..and also the exact positions of any Fuel Pumps on the Airfield...the same as FS Nav!

I paid around £35 for FS Nav when it was first released...so 30 Euros for Tramp would be a bargain now!

Paul....FS Nav for FS 2004....Tramp for FSX!.... :Bug: ...!

I followed their instructions and get a CTD every time. Running out of free sessions.

Same here. Followed all instructions to the letter, and I always load FSX in windowed mode. When I try to switch to FS Tramp, the map appears for a split second, then it, along with FSX, disappears. Its a straight and immediate crash to desktop without error messages or restarting. Event viewer lists terrain.dll as the faulting module, except one time when it was fs-traffic.dll.

Regards,

PD

I regret jumping the gun,and buying this. I was banking on the rep of the origional FS Nav author.

Oh well, that was a loss.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I think it's a fantastic program and have already purchased. It has a lot of features that FSnav didn't have. B)

I really hope that Helge manages to sort a few problems out, and doesn't got disillusioned by too many negative comments regarding Tramp for FSX, which I suspect what happened, (amongst other things), and prevented the programmed port-over from FS Nav to FSX at the time.

Paul...FS Nav for FS 2004 + Tramp for FSX... :biggrin: ...!

P.S...My "Tramp" works fine with FSX in; "Windowed Mode", which I think is necessary when running in Multiplayer Mode with FS Host (FSHostClient), anyway!

Just a word of caution to all:

I can't get the trial to run either like others in this thread. After emailing the developer, he told me that any problems with his software is caused by unstable overclocked hardware.

Well...I don't have any overclocked hardware.

I've since emailed him back three times telling him this and politely asking for help to troubleshoot his trial product. As of today, all emails have gone unanswered and ignored.

Obviously I'm not spending any money on FSTramp at this point, and based on the complete lack of help from the developer and his "it's not my problem, it's yours" attitude, I never will.

It looks like FSCommander is the only way I'll get a moving map. Too bad too, because if FSTramp worked I would have bought it just because it runs within FSX.