Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

Any FSnavigator lovers out there..check this out

I managed to get it working in the end. One of two things did the trick. I don't know for sure which it was as I didn't start FSX between them.

The first was to right-click the main FSX folder and, under properties, removed the read-only attribute from all files. Then I did the same for the FSX folder in app data.

The other thing I did was to remove all files and folders relating to the FXAA mod recently discussed on this forum.

All things considered, I think I'll pass. While there is much to like, I don't think it justifies the price. Also, I prefer to get support at an official forum, and I don't think FSTramp currently has one.

Regards,

PD

Thanks for the post Philip. I confirmed it's the FXAA injector. Took all the files out and FSTramp started with no issues.

For some reason the shading from the dx9 files interfere with how FSTramp draws it's map. At least that's my guess.

So at least for now, if you want to use FXAA shading, you can't run FSTramp at the same time.

I have downloaded, tried, and purchased FSTramp 5.0. I'm running on Windows 7 Professional (x64), Direct X 11 with an Nvidia GTX 680. As Helge Schroeder clearly documents, it ran perfectly for me in windowed mode but not in full screen mode.

As do several others who have previously replied, I would suggest that you base your purchase decision on what FSTramp already does not on what it doesn't do (e.g. full screen mode).

Steve Bickford

Just bought FSTramp but did not understand why the program does not load my FSX flight plans? Any idea?

Just bought FSTramp but did not understand why the program does not load my FSX flight plans? Any idea?

Hi there,

i load my flightplans via the flightplanner menu.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi there,

i load my flightplans via the flightplanner menu.

Sorry, I think I am missing something, on FSTramp screen I just see "map", "options" and "help".

Sorry, I think I am missing something, on FSTramp screen I just see "map", "options" and "help".

Sorry my mistake. You gonna have to go via the FSX flightplanner menu. I know its P3D2 but should work in FSX the same way. See here....

rk6sf.jpg
rRIO5.jpg

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

The answer was really obvious. Didn´t get that was the FSX flightplanner :unsure:   

Thank you very much for your kind help!

yep...same thing here...its what i like to call a "garbage dump app", left for dead by its developer but still left on the marketplace for sales.

I have to say this is a very harsh and flippant thing to say. Are you aware of the history of FS navigator? This app was provided as freeware many years ago and probably revolutionised planning and navigation in FS, FOR FREE, at a time when no other app came anywhere near it.

Helge has stated honestly that he cannot overcome the full screen problem so he has been utterly straightforward about it.

Even when it became payware the price charged was extremely reasonable. Do let us know what you have contributed.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Did they ever get the full screen issue fixed?

Just for Info, FSTramp was able to put P3D v2.0 in real fullscreen mode. Unfortunately LM fixed something in v2.1 son it stopped working. Besides that FSTramp was working back then in real fullscreen mode. Now why would i know that. When nVidia introduced its first beta of Shadowplay it was working in nativ fullscreen ONLY. By accident i stumbled over it when i tried to bring up FSTramp then hitting Alt+Enter brought the nativ fullscreen up and the nVidia shadowplay appeared and i was able to record the screen.  I reported that to LM but it was said they would fix some things up for v2.1. Another P3D user proofed this for me and it was working for him too.

So there was a correlation between FSTramps problem with nativ fullscreen and P3Dv2.0 borderless windowed mode.

Forgot to mention but FSTramp is one hack of an add on. At the push of a button on the stick brings up the map and i know my position and where to go to. The map is fast it shows a lot of infos. There is no such thing as versatile as FSTramp. If i could make  wish i would love to see another color for ship traffic other then white and the possibility to make a flight plan directly and on the fly within the sim :)

Thanks ;)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

From dim memories the FS Nav ran on windowed mode which made is fairly easy to undock for multi monitor setups. Simple enough to toggle full and windowed mode back in the day... B)

The program is now updated for steam users.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Can anyone who has this working in full screen post what they did to get it working?

If I move the window in full screen, it continually redraws itself over the same window corrupting the display.

Someone said in an earlier thread they had it working in full screen, but I don't see how.

Hi

I got mine working with full screen perfectly in both FSX and P3D. All I did was set all files in FSX directories to be read and write. However, I forgot to do that in P3D but it still works anyway. For me the mouse-over spot altitude of ground relief is brilliant, as well as VOR sends to NAV1 or 2 etc. I have FSC anyway so don't need it any more as a flight planner.

Ray

Ray