Sign in to follow this  
2bsc

> The silence befor the storm ... <

This is the sort of silence that came before the NGX videos (night takeoff, etc.) if anyone remembers those during NGX development.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Donald Duck

Ben, that one is great :LMAO:

regards,

Alexander Marx

Yes I. Wouldn't care if got no updates, really wouldn't expect one a month either, think that would just be a pleasant thing to do. I totally agree its annoying when they do post a pic and everyone says there are 2 rivets missing or shade of colours are wrong, when one its just that a preview not a completed product, and colours will look different on every screen! Perhaps theses previews should be released in locked forums.

Although its equally annoying to read the posts that are quite clearly just sucking up, going on about families etc, must make note to my boss when he asks where I'm at with my paid work that I do have a family! once a product is released,if it contains faults etc customers have a right to challenge constructively.

However I think the thing that's a tad annoying is when a post by the developers stating let the previews begin, and suggest a video of another development will be shown soon and then vanish for 3 months completly from the forum. It doesn't really help the whiners, and doesn't really help those who are patient remain that way. I agree with pmdg policy of not posting release dates when it obvious they won be met, and on,y disappoints, but equally so do posts stating let the previews begin.

I look forward to the 777 and more so the 747 and happily enjoy the ngx now, but would prefer pmdg to delete the let the previews begin posting so I don't keep wasting my time coming to a forum that doesn't contain any of the previews they mention and instead can just come look see if there a genuine post stating release, that or they follow up on the post with said previews and news.

Fair points, but do remember, the "family" comments are related to the fact that these guys all have primary jobs, and PMDG is what I like to call a hobbyist job. It's a second job in a hobby, subject to the time constraints of the primary job, and life in general. Because it's not economically viable as a full time job, it's just the way life is in a market like this.

It's not that people are sucking up as much as it's people reminding the complainers that the world doesn't revolve around them. There's more to the process than they're seeing. If this were their primary job, then sure, people would have a right to get antsy about a timeline.

Additionally, if you think about it, sometimes there may be large jumps in progress, but it's all in code that is difficult to quantify to people who have never coded before, or wouldn't really care. To that end, it's either make a really vague post of "we had a great breakthrough in some code that was hanging us up," and then deal with the endless questions of "OMG DID YOU CODE THE WEATHER RADAR?!?!?!1!??1?!?" or celebrate with the development team around some cold ones and plan to update the forum later.

Kyle Rodgers

Guys, I do not want to break your dreams but considering the high quality of PMDG products and considering the average time necessary to release a new product I think that nothing will be on the shooting ramp until summer 2013, being optimistic.

Guys-

I can bearly stand this silence about the T7 anymore, it makes me feel like there's sth big coming up, pure excitement :D

Looking forward!!

I was just thinking the same thing and have come to two conclusions. Firstly, and more likely of the two, the PMDG team are working very hard behind the scenes to get the T7 released and don't have time to spend on this forum. The other conclusion I came to, which is probably unlikely, is that the PMDG team working on the T7 are taking a short (well-earned, no doubt) break to ensure they don't burn-out.

Guys, I do not want to break your dreams but considering the high quality of PMDG products and considering the average time necessary to release a new product I think that nothing will be on the shooting ramp until summer 2013, being optimistic.

Which is why PMDG members themselves explicitly said they were aiming for the end of 2012/ start of 2013?

Which is why PMDG members themselves explicitly said they were aiming for the end of 2012/ start of 2013?

We are already at the end of 2012 or we will be at the end of 2012 within a month. From the beginning of 2013 and summer 2013 there could be 6 months in between.

Let's say that my forecast differs from PMDG members' one average of one year and the history plays alongside me.

Reading this thread seemed to me that the release was imminent, as long as I haven't misunderstood the posts.

While history may play in your favour, I think the inside knowledge the devs have about their very own product, kinda plays in their favour.

Especially when they're willing to explicitly state their own target date, with some give or take.

While history may play in your favour, I think the inside knowledge the devs have about their very own product, kinda plays in their favour.

Especially when they're willing to explicitly state their own target date, with some give or take.

Well, I disagree.

It happened the same with the NGX and its release has been postponed..let's say about of one year.

The Triple 7 will be quicker in the release because PMDG will use the NGX as " base " but to be honest I have no hurry indeed, I prefer to wait several months/ a year and play the excellent NGX meanwhile.

PMDG, IMO take your time and do not rush in the next months, even if I have to say that Mr. Randazzo is perfectly aware of this concept.

While I said the release will be quicker, I didn't mean to infer that they had to rush things.

I'd rather wait three more months and have the bumps straightened out, than fly a sim that doesn't even work.

-I would like to be on the public Beta! I have spent zero hours on the [airplane model] in real life, but I have about 1,000,000 hours following the magenta line with my VA, so I think I could be helpful!

Haha, a vatsimism... lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyway...it's even quieter round these parts ATM...the clue is at the top of this fora...'silence is golden' & 'no news is good news' as they say...so lets take advantage & wallow in it.

After all..soon enough the place will be full of 'how do I tune the Nav Radios?' & 'I cant find/tune the ILS' type questions & gushing 'facebookisms' .

Grumpy old man rant off!.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'