Sign in to follow this  
pipeorgan

APPCRASH

I tried to install some fsx scenery using the migration tool and now receive the error message that Prepar3d has stopped working with the following from windows 7:-

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Prepar3D.exe

Application Version: 1.4.4747.0

Application Timestamp: 50253a53

Fault Module Name: terrain.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 50253ac2

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001733f

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 9e27

Additional Information 2: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Additional Information 3: 9e27

Additional Information 4: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I then performed a restore to before the scenery installation which still does not allow me to run prepare3d without the system crashing as before. I have even performed a restore to remove the migration tool but still can not run Prepare3d without the same crash. Has anyone any ideas what I could do to overcome this problem as if not I will have to do a reinstall :(

One other point is that there does not appear to be a terrain.dll so I guess something is screwed up!

What exactly is the "FSX scenery"? Try restoring the original files from the scenery program, if that's an option. Try uninstalling the scenery program, if that's an option. Remove the scenery from the Scenery Library list . Go to the Programdata\LockheedMartin\Scenery.cfg and make a copy. Delete it and see if it rebuilds your scenery database. Run the Prepar3D repair.............PUNT and hope for the best :)

I've got

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: simprop.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb59

Exception Offset: 00006da7

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 2057

I've got

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: simprop.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb59

Exception Offset: 00006da7

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 2057

This should be in the FSX forum? But look in the Scenery Library and make sure Propeller Objects is before Add on scenery,

What exactly is the "FSX scenery"? Try restoring the original files from the scenery program, if that's an option. Try uninstalling the scenery program, if that's an option. Remove the scenery from the Scenery Library list . Go to the Programdata\LockheedMartin\Scenery.cfg and make a copy. Delete it and see if it rebuilds your scenery database. Run the Prepar3D repair.............PUNT and hope for the best :)

Thanks for the suggestions. The scenery was Guernsey from EarthSimulations.

I did try to uninstall it via restore but system still failed also deleted the Scenery.cfg and it regenerated another one but then failed again but haven't tried Prepare3d repair, how do you do that?

System restore will not remove files from within the program. You will have to reverse the steps taken when you installed. System restore only repairs the registry and will therefore not remove pictures, documents, and other things you have added unless whatever you added has changed the registry.

John Wingold

System restore will not remove files from within the program. You will have to reverse the steps taken when you installed. System restore only repairs the registry and will therefore not remove pictures, documents, and other things you have added unless whatever you added has changed the registry.

Ooops! Thanks for the advice. I have done as you suggested and then uninstalled the scenery which seemed to be giving me problems and all now seems to be OK. What a relief that I do not have to re-install Prepar3d. :smile: