Sign in to follow this  
TheDude71

Big Thank you to the DX10 guru's

Big thanks to Paul, Tom and Steve for making the shader's 3.1.1 bat file. If I left anybody out, Im very sorry.

My sim has not looked so good or preformed so good prior to DX10. Anybody not running it is missing out......

The only problem I was having was the runway lights, (landing lights were good) We all know what they looked like, mine were funky strips. I had approach lights, but no runway lights. So last night I was going through many of the posts and came across one very important one. If you install Michael Swannick fsx_lights.zip, its the Halo bitmap that will fix the runway lights.The trick is, if you use REX or Active Sky 2012, you need to UNCHECK runway lights so it does not get overwritten. In my case, I use both and unchecked both, and presto, I had awesome lights again. I did not have problems with the nav lights in any of my payware aircraft, (thats all I fly, Im not a default guy), but replaced them anyways, and my PMDG and QW looked just fine. Im posting this so others that might have the same problem can find this easy with out digging through all the posts. Maybe a sticky would help.

I can not speak for anyone else but myself, but I will not go back to DX9....no way, DX10 really uses the full potential of your video card and FS runs like a dream. My specs are in the link under my avatar.

Here are my FSX settings, I now, my frames should be 1/2 my refresh rate, but for know I have it at unlimited and runs smooth. https://www.dropbox....s/FSX Settings/

With that said, I use a program, you migh of heard of it, Xtreme FSX PC, I use this and it works wonderful. Keeps me out of the .cfg file. Very good program for 15$. Anyone wanting to use the program, I suggest, backing up your current fsx.cfg file and deleting it and let FSX build you a new one using the booster. Here are my settings for the booster. https://www.dropbox....S Xtreme FSX PC

Here is the link for the new Shader Mod 3.1.1 DX10 Runway and other Patches Download from Avsim Library

I hope this post will help others just getting into DX10 and my goal was to have what you need in one post instead of searching through the many many post.

I am running out of time but will post some more screen shots of the effects on the aircraft and scenery.

Again, not trying to be repetitive, just wanted to share my setup and have it in one place.

Blue Skies

Brett Lucas

Thanks for the good info on the lights, Brett. I'm sure others have found the same issue, so I've taken the liberty of including your comment and the zipfile into the "How-To" doc. You are now famous! :lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

DX10 Preview was limited until Steve's DX10 Shader fix. Now you can do more such as land at more airports without the artifacts on the runways and now you can see progressive taxi arrows and know how to get back to the gate. Wonderful stuff! Have fun experimenting and getting DX10 preview working on your system!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10