Sign in to follow this  
JaseMelbo

FSX Airport Addons

Hi all,

I'm keen to look at installing some add on airports however have always been nervous about the performance hit.

I am doing alot of flying through the USA, up into Canada and also South into Mexico and South America.

Do any of you recommend some good airports that in your opinion haven't had an adverse affect on performance?

Also happy to explore the European options as well.

I am doing the majority of my flights in the PMDG 737NG and some GA stuff in the Turbine Duke.

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

I was the same, never got any airports due to fear of FSX, I would suggest you do what I did, and download the UK2000 demos of any airport u want to see how it performs on your machine.

I was quite pleasantly surprised when I ran the demo of the uk2000 heathrow yesterday with my PMDG 737 and 20% traffic. Yes it did have a hit, but still ran quite fluidly at 15 -20 fps, bear in mind however I'm running a high res of 5670 x 1080.

More than enough to be able to fly, so will be purchasing later today.

Good luck with your hunt

Cowboy10uk

The only thing I have found is they have large boxes above the runway stating demo. I don't think they are time limited or anything, but of course those boxes kind of destroy any sense of realism, however they don't effect fps, so you can get a good idea how the full version will work. They do ask you don't use them for more than 24hrs, but don't think the PC will self destruct if you do.

Like I said I have always stayed away as I was concerned about the fps, but was surprised just how well it did seem to run. Yes I had the odd stutter, but considering I was using the PMDG 737, a extreme airport and It was at dusk, so was getting a few lights on and of course I'm silly enough to run all of this at 5670 x 1080, I thought it ran very well indeed. Seriously considering getting it tonight. Although as I will be getting the Orbx UK scenery, not sure if I should wait as I'm sure they will be doing there own version.

Would hate to get something now and find out its not compatable in a month or two.

Cowboy10uk

P.S. currently flying the Realair Duke, I see you have the turbine version, would i get anything out of upgrading to this aircraft, or is it pretty much the same as I have?

For the US I can recommend FSDreamTeam's and FlyTampa's airports especially. Also FlightBeam is good. They all have a FPS hit of course, but I must say that FSDT KLAX, FSDT KLAS, FB KPHX and FT KMDW all work extremely well for me. The others are also beautiful sceneries of course, but I have always gotten a bigger FPS hit from them. FSDT KLAX is a truly amazing airport though with amazing FPS, given the size and complexity of that airport.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

For the US I can recommend FSDreamTeam's and FlyTampa's airports especially. Also FlightBeam is good. They all have a FPS hit of course, but I must say that FSDT KLAX, FSDT KLAS, FB KPHX and FT KMDW all work extremely well for me. The others are also beautiful sceneries of course, but I have always gotten a bigger FPS hit from them. FSDT KLAX is a truly amazing airport though with amazing FPS, given the size and complexity of that airport.

+1

Matt Wilson

If you some day feel like flying to Northern Europe I can recommend Aerosoft Mega Airport Helsinki very much, it's in extremely high quality.

Thanks for these ideas! So much to choose from.

I am still trying to optimise my system through fsx config and nvidia inspector adjustments.

Once done I will certainly pick up a few of these airports.

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr