Sign in to follow this  
Boris_The_Spider

P3D and Nvidia 3D vision - too much depth?

Hi everyone,

Just installed Prepar3D 1.4, and one of the first things I checked was whether 3D vision was working correctly (I have 3D surround). Indeed, 3D switched on fine, but by closing one eye then the other, I could see that the separation between the two views was absolutely enormous (one eye seeing from inside the cockpit, the other outside about 3 or 4 feet away).

Turning the depth down to the absolute minimum setting using the depth wheel on the emitter results in a reasonable depth, but turning it up even a single notch results in a large change in eye separation to the point where I can't merge the image any more, so I am stuck with no adjustability and just one working depth setting available.

Does anyone else see the same thing, or is this peculiar to my setup? Especially interested to hear from anyone else running surround 3d, since perhaps this is related to the very wide aspect ratio.

Have you considered doing a full clean driver install? Sounds like there might be an issue with the current one that you are using.

I don't think it's a driver issue. I'm getting the exact same thing.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Was it OK with FSX? If so, then bring up the issue on the prepar3D forum.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

There's a feature in the NV control panel that allows you to adjust depth. You should try that.

I don't think it's a driver issue. I'm getting the exact same thing.

Yeah, definitely not a driver issue - reinstall tried already. The depth in the nvidia control panel does the same thing as the depth wheel on the emitter, so it's not that either. It was fine with FSX.

Charlie Chew - are you running surround, or just 3D on one monitor?

Yeah, definitely not a driver issue - reinstall tried already. The depth in the nvidia control panel does the same thing as the depth wheel on the emitter, so it's not that either. It was fine with FSX.

Charlie Chew - are you running surround, or just 3D on one monitor?

One monitor.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"