Sign in to follow this  
kannwar

FSX Realistic Night!

It seems that most of my lighter colours are washed out during the daytime (i.e. my NGX wings look almost like a solid colour)...any thoughts what settings need to be fiddled with?

Also, anyone else getting the screen flashing red when switching between views?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

To confirm this does not work with ATI cards? I would want to use it the same as the OP, just for the color stuff.

Eric 

It seems that most of my lighter colours are washed out during the daytime (i.e. my NGX wings look almost like a solid colour)...any thoughts what settings need to be fiddled with?

Also, anyone else getting the screen flashing red when switching between views?

Hi regis9 what video card are you using? Have you altered the colour settings or gamma levels in your video card's control panel at all? From what I've seen so far this program's initial settings are very conservative for daytime.

To confirm this does not work with ATI cards? I would want to use it the same as the OP, just for the color stuff.

To be honest I hadn't considered the Nvidia/ATI thing. I'm using a GTX580 - is there anything on the software's website that talks about which devices are compatible? Sorry I've got my hands tied right now and can't check.

Glad some of you are enjoying this so far =).

Yep, thanks for this hint.

It's much more comfortable and functional than ENB Mod without any framehit so far!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is outstanding! There's so much choice for the user and much nicer on frames than ENB ever was.

For those experiencing the colours being washed, run the tool and change the intensity of HDR (or turn it off). It's a little trial and error, but the effects you can achieve are VASTLY better than that of ENB.

Thanks for the nice hint! Could somebody explain again, how he did the installation please? I copied the files to the FSX main directory and pressed the pause button in flight, but I do not see any changes...

Thanks in advance!

But does this work in DX10 mode...thats what i want to know

Also..you talk about turning off AA...i assume you mean Anti Aliasing..and why in the world would anyone do that?

im going to give this a try and see.

to the OP, what theme are you using in REX if any, and how did you make this video as if you were static in the air. i saw the slew but were you flying a plane or something? sorry if its a noob question

Also..you talk about turning off AA...i assume you mean Anti Aliasing..and why in the world would anyone do that?

he meant turn it off in the tool, you are still running the AA that you have turned on inside nvidia inspector.

A quick look on the sim running ATI cards and I didn't see any difference. Perhaps, I haven't really sunk my teeth into all the settings properly.

Hopefully, it actually works and I'm not just making a fool of myself. Haha

I also followed the install instructions precisely, flushed the shaders cache, turned off AA in the tool, but see no change when pressing the pause key..

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

But does this work in DX10 mode...thats what i want to know

Since it works by using a replacement d3d9.dll shim, no, it won't work with dx10 mode.

The tool itself injects FXAA-mode Anti-Aliasing, so you don't lose anti-aliasing, it's just done by this tool instead.

As Alejnadro said, you can also disable AA in the tool, and keep using the AA selected in nvInpector, but if you're using FXAA already in nvInspector, it won't be any difference/advantage either way, except that this tool gives you a little more control over it.

I'm not seeing any difference between that video and my night skies...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the info. This one is amazing and even easier to customize.

David, can you outline the basic steps you followed along with what card you're using ? Is it Nvidia or ATI ? I've tried to play with the sliders, even used the 'pause' functionality (recommended by another user who posted here) to apply changes but it's been to no effect.

Thanks!