Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

A tiny annoying thingy,how to get rid of it?

I recently downloaded PADs' BAE146 100/200.

They both have tiny annoying thingy in the panel BMP; A little bit of line that shows at the edge of the a/p's consol just in front of the window.

I have contacted theire support page and Bob has been very kind to reply and send me his original BMP,which he says doesn't have the little line,In reality it's just a speck, but it annoys me.Does anyone know of a way of editting it out,theire softwarre isn't Dx10 compatible, but I don't think this is the case? I'm running win7 32

Attached image:

usually the panel backgrounds can be edited with ms paint or any editing software directly. just make sure to keep the settings (e.g. 8 bit colors or whatever the original has).

if it's a texture file, google for dxt2bmb or dds converter.

Ti_ Thanks for your advice...I downloaded both tools free versions. I had dxt2bmb converter in my old rig but that burnt. arggg! Any way I downloaded again and attempted to fix the little line by masking it out or even repainting that part of the panel. BUt the panle BMP shows Black when It opend with any program, be it MSPaint or Photo gallery so one can save it.

What I have just realized is tha the line only appears afte I load a second texture for the plane. Not on the first load...Strange? Then I can't get rid of it. The only way is to restart FSX... :wacko:

By chance, do you have more than one panel folder for that plane?

Those pixels have to be 0,0,0 RGB or they will show up like that. Even something like 0,0,1 will not be transparent.

regards,

Joe

[edit]

I downloaded bae146_cc2_x.zip from the PAD website.

I then opened panelmain.bmp from the panel folder with MSPaint, no conversion required.

Zooming in to 800% I can see a line of about 14 pixels wide by 1 pixel high that is 5,4,4 RGB.

You should be able to paint them 0,0,0 with MSPaint and save the file.

This should remove the black spot from the 2D view.

[/edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Joe, No There is only one panel folder for that plane...Both the 100 and 200 share the same panel BMP

I just tried to do as you indtruct above but the part of the panel goes off the edge of the MS Paint screen and I'm unable to find where to change the pixels?

The littleline only shows if I change to another texture, not on first load? Strange. I had the same conversation with Bob last night...

I attach an image of how it pens for me: ( The image post # 1 where I show the line,is a screenshot I took to describe the problem).

I just tried to do as you indtruct above but the part of the panel goes off the edge of the MS Paint screen and I'm unable to find where to change the pixels?

Do you not have the scroll bars on the bottom and the right side to move the picture around?

Do you see this in the VC or the 2D cockpit?

Do you have seperate folders for the 100 and the 200?

You should, and does this bar show up when you switch between the 100 and the 200?

You will have to fix the bitmap in both the 100 and the 200 panel folders.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Joe, Thanks for your reply, Yes i do have the scroll bars...The thing is I haven't the fainthest, how to use them. I looked to see if there is an option to change the pixels, couldn't find it???

Botht the 100 and 200 have the same bitmap, and it happens with both of them. I have downloaded several versions of the BEA 100 and 200 in hope thant one doesn't have this thingy and copy that bitmap to the model I'm interested in...But no luck. I've even contacted Bob and suggested he contacts the guy responsible for the panel background...But you know where this goes?

If you're able to fix it...Could you send me the file? PAD has stopped production...

Berlopez

PM me an e-mail address and I will send you something.

sigbar.gif

th_BEA146-200panelcorrected.jpg

Thanks Joe,I tried to reply to your e-mail to thnak you but coouldn't, the e-mails got undelivered?

Berlopez

Your welcome, and I received your e-mail. Don't know why you got the undelivered notice.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Thanks again Joe, I have no idea; I got it three times, that's why I posted here, to make sure...

Berlopez

I did the same as Berlopez. I also painted out the very light vertical line at the right of the area you were talking about.. Another thing is that there is a gauge missing from the download (tris-sw.dll or tris_sw.cab) which evidently is a switch area in the center area of the GPS to toggle it off. If you look at the vc there is an annoying vertical line in that same spot. If you want my .bmp send me a PM with your address. Regards, Bob.

Thanks for your reply Bob. I want to emphasize that Joe helped me with the correction of the BMP. I couldn't figure it out.

I have taken a screenie of my BEA146 VC and I can't see the line, mine dissapears if I click on it. PAD uses the same code as MS to bring up the GPS on the a/c's ( Shift+3)

The Tris_sw.cab is present in my panel folder and I still cannot toggle off the GPS

th_BEA146VC.jpg

Here's an image of my panel folder for the -200

URL=http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/berlopez/?action=view&current=146panelcontents.jpg]th_146panelcontents.jpg

Berlopez

PS: I just realized on the first page of the site that Barry passed away, My condolences to the family.

Hi. I'd sure like to get the Tris_sw.cab and I could look at it and see why it does not toggle the GPS. You can turn the GPS on/off with the GPS Simicon. Does your Groundandling gauge have the brakes control on the right side. If not, I have a fix for it.

Check your PM.

Best regards, Bob.