Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

Tony Radmilovich - An Appeal For Help

Gang,

I am contacting you with some urgency with a request to publicise and help with a plea for help from Tony Radmilovich. As you may know, Tony is a key member of the flight sim community. He has written for the flight sim websites, PC Pilot, Computer Pilot and is an active member of many flight sim groups and clubs He is very very active in the community.

Tony has suffered a devastating spinal injury and to make matter worse, fell from his bed during hospital treatment aggravating the injury. If that sounds dreadful, it gets worse, he is also suffering from life threatening infections. He cannot walk and is extremely ill.

In addition to being a major light in our community, he cares full time for his blind wife Kim.

He has run up enormous medical bills and still needing massive life changing care. Today, in desperation to continue to receive medical care and to maintain his home he has put out a request for help. I have spoken with Kim, his wife and been given permission to share his appeal with the community.

Tony is in a really desperate state and needs help. His story and a request for help can be found at the link below.

"Even though I have good medical coverage through my wife, the out of pocket expenses for surgeries, hospital stays and ambulance rides is in excess of $30,000 and I need ongoing therapies that are not covered in hopes of walking again. I have so many unpaid medical bills, my doctors won’t see me unless I can take care of them and with no income, it is impossible to keep up with them. The hope that we will ever have anything resembling a normal life grows dimmer and the realization that I can't earn enough money to help keep us afloat has been a staggering blow."

http://www.indiegogo.com/p/119134

There are links in the story above as to how to help Tony. His friends, including myself are also planning simming events to support Tony. We will be giving more info as we formalize these events. Any, and all support from this wonderful community, in whatever way we can is really appreciated. We will also sort out a point of contact for all the efforts to assist Tony.

thank you all for your time, and thank you in advance for helping Tony in whatever way you can,

Jane Whittaker

- Jane Whittaker

Done, contributed, and working on something special for the community to get involved in as well - stay tuned :)

Video plea and announcement of an event supporting this at

Pete Wright, another PC Pilot contributor

can I also thank Tom and all the AVSIM gang for all their support, in letting us discuss this here. It means so much, thank you!

We also welcome AVSIM and all other FS journalists to join us in the around the world support flight :)

- Jane Whittaker

Gang,

If any of you have access to other forums (fora?) please could you repost this appeal (with moderators permission if required) - we want to spread it far and wide. We need community help on this!

thanks!

Jane

- Jane Whittaker

The best of wishes and of luck for this campaign being successful, and even more importantly, for Tony's recovery. I'm sure the community will rally together for this most worthy cause. In the FS community, I'm sure we all have faith.

As a pensioner I can only make a small contribution towards Tony's fund and I wish him and his wife the best of wishes.

I live in the UK and it is stories like this which make me wonder why the American people are so against state funded medical services. We have the National Health Service [NHS] here and if Tony were a British citizen then the question of cost would never arise. He would just be treated and given the help, operations and medication he needs for as long as he needs.

Many non-British people are under the impression that we have to wait a long time to get medical assistance no matter how bad our situation may be or how much chronic pain we may be in, but this is simply not true. Of course there are rare occasions when someboby may "slip through the net" and then the media makes out that our NHS is useless and non-caring. If your situation is non-urgent then you may have a to wait a month or two for treatment but if you situation is urgent then you are dealt with immediately. Cost does not come into it - you are just treated.

If a visitor to my country needs treatment they won't be asked how they are going to pay before receiving help. Whatever medical assistance is required will be given although, of course, we would seek payment afterwards.

I am so grateful for our NHS - it is one of the greatest services we have and we don't have to worry that we might not be able to afford treatment if we ever need it.

David

Thank you Jane and Pete.

It is wonderful that you have initiated this appeal and I pray that it will allow Tony to meet his obligations so he can concentrate on getting better.

Kind regards,

Tony and Kim, best of wishes to you both. Tony, I hope you can return to being alvie and well again. You are dearly missed in the flightsim community and we can all learn a lot from you about flightsim and life in general. Best wishes to you and your family, you have my condolences. Get well soon, you are with us in our thoughts and prayers.

Hello All,

I just wanted to give you all a quick update and another huge thanks for all of your efforts!

The appeal for Tony is really gathering pace, but we still have a long way to go. Your kindness and generosity has been incredible, making me very proud to be part of this community. I have had contact with Tony and his wife Kim and they are overwhelmed, very emotional and incredibly grateful for the support of everyone. You are already making a huge difference, bringing some light to this dark period of their lives.

There have been a fair few ideas for fundraising efforts. We will be talking to you all about a round the world flight shortly! Ideas have also been coming in from far and wide. Please feel free to send me a PM here if you wish to help in any way with some activity or have ideas to share.

Thank you all for this magnificent effort, that reinforces my firm view that we have the finest community of people in the world. Thank you also to everyone at AVSIM for their continued support and generosity. You are all greatly appreciated.

Jane

- Jane Whittaker

There was another post about this written by some lady. It vanished. Where can I find it and where can I find information on the event flight schedules or timetables for all different legs of flights, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I have made the contribution that was possible for me. I hope we could raise enough to help him. I just can't believe that you don't get government help when you are a citizen. I hope this changes too.

Jane,

Thanks for reply and for the link to missing post.

Aharon

signCopy.jpg