Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

AS2012 on network?

Hello guys,

I created all the shares to Prepar3d on the client, and Active Sky 2012 starts ok on the client while Prepar3D is running on the server. But the weather does not change/refresh on the server unfortunately. If I start FSX on the server AS2012 works ok on the client, wx changes accordingly. How to make AS2012 work with Prepar3D in a network configuration?

Thanks,

Dirk

AFAIK, AS2012 is not working with P3D, or am I mistaken? My P3D shares are not accepted by AS2012. Though, if running one OS and FSX is installed, you can share them and then refresh when P3D open. It will refresh the weather. I don't bother and use REX-E in P3D for now.

Guest do_denver2

Yes AS works fine in p3d and across the network. I have mine working perfectly on my laptop and it injects fine onto the mainfsx rig, although i have just started using Opus.

First of all, when p3d is running on the server, does active sky say connected or disconnected on the client? If it says disconnected then we need to troubleshoot the setup, which is a bit tricky. If it says connected then i would recomend loading up your flight first, and then start active sky.

Hey guys, I set up AS2012 yesterday to work with FSX and P3D across the network. The weather updates properly. In my case all P3D shares work as required (same as with FSX) but only when the migration tool is in FSX virtual mode. Also I had to copy simmconnect.xml from FSX to Prepar3D folder. Now it works perfect.

Thanks,

Dirk.