Sign in to follow this  
Manny

OK..I got my first phase of my cockpit done!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Desktop Aviator had mentioned somewhere on their website that it needs to be connected to the same USB Port.. If I were to unplug the unit and replug it in a different USB Port I would lose the programming of my keys.. I am yet to test this out..thats why I did not program all the keys yet

Do you guys know about this.. That does not happen with my Go Flight unit.. so why would it happen with a generic game controller? Any ideas what this is all about?

Great hardware, check this VGA-angle, maybe it will work?

eBay: http://bit.ly/VvAeTM

Ah...That looks like it has a decent profile.... .thank you. :mellow:

Manny

Did you ever look at Emuteq's model?

Yes I did. But it costs $1000. For $225 this does 95% of the Emuteq module.. If that were in the $500 range, I would have seriously considered it. The only thing this does not have is the Nav freq rotary on the left hand side I have a GF module and a TR1 for that. when I turn the GF knob, I can see the Radio freq changing in the reality xp gauge.. and then the lack of led around the buttons. So in a dark cockpit environment I have to think of a way to light the buttons on this..

Great job on the simpit, Manny. Looks very inviting. Curious, judging from the location of the Yoke, are you having to stretch your neck a bit looking up at the triple display as it looks like the gauges are about eye level?

Clutch

Great job on the simpit, Manny. Looks very inviting. Curious, judging from the location of the Yoke, are you having to stretch your neck a bit looking up at the triple display as it looks like the gauges are about eye level?

Clutch

Interesting observation Clutch.

I originally planned that I would look straight into the screen... and I calculated that the panel in the front would be no more than 11-12 from the table top, which would have been perfect. To achieve that, the front panel would have to lean forward so to speak, so that a 13" ht panel when slanted forward would be 12" or less. That was the spec I gave the carpenter. But did he not use the angle I had given him, it was more upright that I had wanted and he had done so much work before I noticed the problem. I also was a little sloppy when doing the cut outs on the panel from my paper plan to actual implementation (Too much white space in between gauges.. I could have clubbed em up together much better and used the space more efficiently. Post build of the front panel, I decided put another top cover protruding to the front where my LED strips can go. which then raised it by almost an inch...

So I ended up with 14" tall front panel. 2" inches more than my original plan. So yes.. the screens are a tad higher than I wanted. But still lower than most aircrafts I fly in real life! Lets just say, I am a tad altitude challenged. LOL :)

I am getting used to it.. IF and when I redo this stuff, I'd have to be more careful

But my Yoke is not an issue since it goes below the table and I now sit higher in my chair to make up for the 2" addition to the front panel ht...and so the yoke is closer to my knee. I have flown different aircrafts and there is no standard as to where the yoke ought to be. so I am fine with the yoke being low. The Diamond D40 has the yoke stick in your crotch area. for instance (I never liked flying the D40 on that account) .. so.. LOL :)

Manny

Haha, I have to do the same with the chair higher. My screens are a tad bit higher than I would have liked and when I first started using it I would get the worst neck pains that I stopped using the pit altogether.

8188238005_4106aa5d09_c.jpg

I made some mods to my Panel to accommodate the Garmin G530 running Reality XP. I had to remove two GF Modules. I removed the RP48 which is what I was using to control the GPS..not required anymore.. But then I had to remove the GF-46 which I was using for the DME. But now, I would have to use the TR-1 DME for that.

I can't tell y'all how deliciously happy and satisfied I am with that Garmin G530 in my cockpit.. It was the lowest hanging fruit of cockpit gauge I have plucked so far.

Manny

Is your 530s video an undocked window? Can u run Fsx full screen?

Is your 530s video an undocked window? Can u run Fsx full screen?

Nope..I can't run full screen. It is undocked window without the bezel... I edited the Panel.cfg which I have posted here in this thread above.

MAnny

One of thhe reasons i never added one. Simavio has the only standalone netwrkable 530s i know of ,but its xplane only.

Hello Manny, Nice setup, cant wait to see stage 2. I just got my D/A 530 and it boogles my mind why i can not figure out how to see reality xp on this mad bad a$$ display. I did the copy paste from up above and it worked first time on main screen but when i undock and moved over to D/A 530 the screen turned black and now when i try to pop up it gives me hour glasses shakes, i'm running GTX EVGA 460 2Win in sli and D/A is setup to extend windows. Just wondering how you got your touchscreen and now D/A 530 to behave? So Appreciated Keep up great work

and sorry if this h/j s thread

Steve

Hello Manny, Nice setup, cant wait to see stage 2. I just got my D/A 530 and it boogles my mind why i can not figure out how to see reality xp on this mad bad a$$ display. I did the copy paste from up above and it worked first time on main screen but when i undock and moved over to D/A 530 the screen turned black and now when i try to pop up it gives me hour glasses shakes, i'm running GTX EVGA 460 2Win in sli and D/A is setup to extend windows. Just wondering how you got your touchscreen and now D/A 530 to behave? So Appreciated Keep up great work

and sorry if this h/j s thread

Steve

Hi Steve,

Are you using SweetFX or ENB? IF you use either of these, that would happen. But no problem. Just move it and if required resize it to another monitor. If it goes black ..fine. Now, save the flight. Next time when you load the flight, that GPS screen should be visible. Try that and report back.

About the touch and the DA 530. I have a VGA Switcher... On bootup..I have to decide which one of the two I am going to use as my 4th monitor. I have a second video card that I can use...but its on my to do list to try that one too.. So I won't have to do switching.

Manny

One more thing, in some aircraft, the G530 would be turned off... you have to program the left most button at the bottom to turn on the G530.

Manny

One of the reasons i never added one. Simavio has the only standalone netwrkable 530s i know of ,but its xplane only.

I found a way around this..

Basicly you need 2 things autohotkey and a script developed by avsim member

check this thread on avsim for explanation script download etc. (this is a quote from Simmer2050) here

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392159-which-free-software-developers-would-you-hand-a-big-thank-you/page__st__25

1) Install this freeware

http://www.autohotkey.com/

2) Use the script mentioned here.

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/68280-fullscreen-script-for-fsx-with-no-borders/page__st__15

The script is here

http://jslover.secsrv.net/AutoHotkey/Scripts/PseudoFullscreen.ahk

It works...

install autohotkey, it creates default script, open defult scrpt cut paste the fullscreen script.

Hello... First, Apprecicate your help. But for some reason it wont work... if i undock reality xp framed i can look at it in D/A 530 screen but not your modified version. As soon as i click on Framed version it goes to" Flight sim Texture" and does not work, modified just remains blank. Tried Autohotkey and it works to give borderless fsx it does not allow me to use foruth screen ie D/A 530 screen What resolution are you running... I'm currently at 5760x1200 bezel free for surround display and i have D/A 530 screen setup at 1024x768 i dont know if it makes a difference. I removed sweetfx and two other type shader programs and deleted dx10 shaders to update them to normal specs. or is it just the fact i am using beta drivers which are working great and dont want to remove them.. Nivida 310.61 That brings up another question, i added another video card to run D/A 530 off of.... does this card need it's own drivers? Just curious if anyone knows.... And you mention i have to program an On button for D/A530 How do i do that, or did i do it with autohotkey script.... Wow didnt think i would work this hard to get this to work and can't i just over think a situation. I'll get there one day

Thanks for your kind patience Steve

Hello... First, Apprecicate your help. But for some reason it wont work... if i undock reality xp framed i can look at it in D/A 530 screen but not your modified version. As soon as i click on Framed version it goes to" Flight sim Texture" and does not work, modified just remains blank. Tried Autohotkey and it works to give borderless fsx it does not allow me to use foruth screen ie D/A 530 screen What resolution are you running... I'm currently at 5760x1200 bezel free for surround display and i have D/A 530 screen setup at 1024x768 i dont know if it makes a difference. I removed sweetfx and two other type shader programs and deleted dx10 shaders to update them to normal specs. or is it just the fact i am using beta drivers which are working great and dont want to remove them.. Nivida 310.61 That brings up another question, i added another video card to run D/A 530 off of.... does this card need it's own drivers? Just curious if anyone knows.... And you mention i have to program an On button for D/A530 How do i do that, or did i do it with autohotkey script.... Wow didnt think i would work this hard to get this to work and can't i just over think a situation. I'll get there one day

Thanks for your kind patience Steve

The Autokey was meant for ohsirus,. Not for you.

I have the t 5760x1200 bezel free for surround display too and i have D/A 530 screen setup at 1024x768 or whatever is the native for that screen,

First Q. Are you able to turn on the bezel less "Manny" panel in your primary monitor view? Before moving it to the DA monitor? Are you able to see the G530 unit working? or not? if that is not working, you have not done your panel.cfg properly.

My panel is no different than the reality xp except after removing the bezel.

BTW...have you programmed the Buttons of the DA 530 to work with the reality xp?

First make sure you get the regular Reality xp work properly in your aircraft and operate it with all the buttons on the DA g530. Forget dispaying it on the DA unit for the moment,

You should be able to turn on the Reality xp G530 using the bottom leftmost green button of the DA unit. You need to assign something like "Ctrl+Alt+F1 .... "ctrl+alt+F2..... to each of the buttons using FSUIPC and then assign that to a Realty Garmin G530 function within the ini file. And complete that stuff. if you are wondering what I am talking about.. please do some research on this. This unit is not just plug and play. DA mentions that clearly on their website says.. This is not meant for novice. At the same time, its doable provided you learn these things... slowly with patience. If you need help with that, Realty-xp forum is the best. Its too much for me to help with that if you are not familiar with what I am saying here.

After you have done the above and the manny window working within the primary monitor, then move the panel - manny to the DA unit, resize it and save the flight. Next time when you load the flight, the Garmin would display the unit on the DA. If its dark, then the unit needs to be turned on. One way to check is to view the standard reality xp with the bezel (the standard reality xp) one and see if that is turned on..if its not, turn it on. That should not only turn on the reality xp uunit with the bezel, it should turn on, my bezel less unit as well.

Manny

PS Can you PM me the panel.cfg ..just cut paste the content?

Hello... Thanks for great advice with programming and i got it all working correctly on manny gps but only on main fsx screen. It will turn off and on...programmed most buttons, Thanks again. Saved flight after setting manny screen resized in D/A screen. Restarted fsx from reboot I use Alacrity to start up fsx but no luck i can see manny screen appear on D/A but when i hit D/A power button it only starts up Reality on main display. I appreciate all your help, so sorry in highjack of your build... I will soon post pictures of my build and hopefully people whom bought D/A GPS 500 will get an understanding of steps in setting it up.

Thanks again

Steve

Great stuff Manny

I am thinking of purchasing this GPS monitor and have a question .

On the regular Reality GPS 530 there is a spot to click with the mouse to activate the cursor , how is the cursor activated on this new screen.

Hope that makes sense

Thanx for all the info so far

Garry

Great stuff Manny

I am thinking of purchasing this GPS monitor and have a question .

On the regular Reality GPS 530 there is a spot to click with the mouse to activate the cursor , how is the cursor activated on this new screen.

Hope that makes sense

Thanx for all the info so far

Garry

The dual concentric knob to the right is a push knob like the real thing

Manny

Manny

I reread your posts and see you set up the push on the rotary dial for cursor, I am assuming that is done with FSUIPC.

Are you dragging the windowed Reality screen to the new monitor by clicking on the Reality screen anywhere rather than selecting the top border ?

Thank you for your help on this subject

Garry

i'm running GTX EVGA 460 2Win in sli and D/A is setup to extend windows.

Steve,

I just noticed this. I kind of missed it earlier.

How did you make the 460 to do Surround in the first place? I didn't think you could do it even with SLI.

I have a feeling your issues are related to your Video card setup. I am using the 6xx series card without SLI doing the official surround setup. BTW... your panel.cfg looks good and it should have worked in the 6xx series setup.

BTW..have you been successful with moving the default G500 or any active panel over to the new window? Please try that with the bezel... just do the basics first to see of that works.. IF you can't make that work then you can't make the realty xp work. If you have made that work..then let me know.. what default aircraft you want the G530 in. I'll fix the panel and test it here and PM you that panel.cfg which you can try.

Manny

Manny

I reread your posts and see you set up the push on the rotary dial for cursor, I am assuming that is done with FSUIPC.

Are you dragging the windowed Reality screen to the new monitor by clicking on the Reality screen anywhere rather than selecting the top border ?

Thank you for your help on this subject

Garry

Yes..I am using FSUIPC to assign keys.

Yes.. I am using the top border to move the window to second screen, then I move it slightly out of the screen to minimize the top border being visible as much as possible.

Thank you Manny

With your note above regarding SLI , I remembered my system uses SLI.

5 monitors

3 - 460GTX cards

2 cards are SLI for use of the three larger monitors

1 card does the other 2 19" monitors.

I guess I am out of luck until a solution works with USB to Video, Bobby had told me they tried that but had no luck making it work.

I envy the GPS Monitor and all that have it working.

Thanx again Manny

Garry

1 card does the other 2 19" monitors.

Gary,

Do you have any active gauges on those two additional monitors? IF that works, then the Reality xp should work on that monitor out too.

Manny

Manny

No I do not use active gauges on either of the two , I use them for chart reading ,EFB, etc. I would have to sacrifice one for the new GPS monitor which is very tempting.

Thank you

Garry