Sign in to follow this  
Manny

OK..I got my first phase of my cockpit done!

Manny

No I do not use active gauges on either of the two , I use them for chart reading ,EFB, etc. I would have to sacrifice one for the new GPS monitor which is very tempting.

Thank you

Garry

I would suggest you move the default G500 over to one of those two monitors and test out to make sure it would work. Undock the G500. Move it to one of those two monitors.... if it blacks out.. Save the flight . Get out FSX and reload to see if the G500 turns on. IF it doesn't then you know the Realty xp would not either..if it does, then you know it works

Manny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Manny

I have for a couple years now, undock the Reality 530 and move it to either of those monitors with no problem. What I was saying, is to use the Desktopaviator gps I would have to disconnect one of those monitors and connect the small GPS monitor .just not sure if i want to lose one of those but might give it try. Would have been nice for a USB to Video that worked.

Keep up the great work.

Appreciated

Garry

Manny

I have for a couple years now, undock the Reality 530 and move it to either of those monitors with no problem. What I was saying, is to use the Desktopaviator gps I would have to disconnect one of those monitors and connect the small GPS monitor .just not sure if i want to lose one of those but might give it try. Would have been nice for a USB to Video that worked.

Keep up the great work.

Appreciated

Garry

You can get a cheap vga switcher and hookup one of your two monitors and the DA unit to it..when you want to fly the Garmin aircraft boot up the system switched the DA unit and when you don't want to use the DA unit switch to the other monitor.

That's what I have.

Something like this. $6

http://www.amazon.co...ds=vga switcher

Manny

That will work fine.

Thank you for your trouble. Off to call Bobby for a monitor

Garry

For anyone trying to open the GPS on a secondary monitor I may have a temporary work around.

I too suffered from the black screen upon resize and sometimes upon pushing buttons.

To work around it I disabled DX10 preview in the graphics settings section of FSX.

If anyone has another work around that would allow us to turn back on the DX10 preview I would gladly be willing to test!

BTW, Desktop aviator panels and additions work amazingly well!

WOW,WOW

Did I say WOW. I installed my DesktopAviator GPS Monitor and it is incredible .

I am fortunate to have many GoFlight modules but this GPS is unreal,for sure my most favorite module in my flight simulator.

I have the Reality XP GNS530 WAAS and every button works flawless. Thank you to Manny for the bezel free setting for the GPS ,it just makes it fit so nice.

Just over 200 bucks is such a buy for what you get.

I will be calling Bobby at DesktopAviators for a job well done call.

Again thanx to Manny for the earlier help. :biggrin:

WOW,WOW

Hi Gary..

Glad it worked out.. and I totally understand your excitement..thats how I felt when I got it and everything was working as it was. I know the feeling.

Manny

Hi Manny,

Any updated pictures? I love your home built cockpit. I have several question, if you do not mind about the Desktop Aviator product. Can you tune the frequencies for the Reality-XP 530, since theirs only one rotary knob?

Also, I wish I had the space for the elaborate cockpit as you do, but at the time I do not, however I would like to know what you are using in the photo dated Nov 5th, 2012 to hold the Desktop Aviator upright.

-Ray

Hi Manny,

Any updated pictures? I love your home built cockpit. I have several question, if you do not mind about the Desktop Aviator product. Can you tune the frequencies for the Reality-XP 530, since theirs only one rotary knob?

Also, I wish I had the space for the elaborate cockpit as you do, but at the time I do not, however I would like to know what you are using in the photo dated Nov 5th, 2012 to hold the Desktop Aviator upright.

-Ray

1) No you cannot tune radio frequency. But you can select the frequency from the Data Base that put the nav freq in standby mode using just the right knob. But you would have to to swap the frequency using some button like GF module or one of your yoke buttons. So I am using a GF NAV radio panel for my Nav freq tuning.

Desktop Aviator modeled it for the default GPS G500. Not for the Realty XP. I hope he comes up with a later version that is 100% of the real G530 with another dual concentric knob to the left as well for a few bucks more. I would then sell this and get that one.

2) I was using the Go flight box thingi that can hold two of those 2" modules from GF.

There looks like enough room on the left to add another duel knob yourself.

There might be room on the GPS for another Dual Encoder Switch, but it won't do you any good; the Circuit Board supports only the 1 dual encoder switch

There might be room on the GPS for another Dual Encoder Switch, but it won't do you any good; the Circuit Board supports only the 1 dual encoder switch

I noticed in the photo that Manny has a Leo Bodnar card, he could wire another dual concentric to the card and run it through FSUIPC to tune the radios. Great setup there Manny, really well done.

Is your 530s video an undocked window? Can u run Fsx full screen?

Well, I bought one of these beauties and somehow have managed to configure it to run undocked and full screen. I don't claim to understand why this works but after a day of flying in windowed mode I tried this:

I configured my primary #1 monitor as usual and configured the GPS as monitor 2 with the extended desktop using the native windows screen resolution of 1024x768x16. I did not use nVidia control, I just right-clicked on my desktop and used the Windows set up for screen resolution. I then added a second line in my FSX.cfg for display resolution. You know, where you have DISPLAY.device.NVIDIA Geforce GTX xxx.0, I added a second line that says DISPLAY.device.NVIDIA Geforce GTX xxx.1 with the resolution of 1024x768x16. This didn't work when I specified the real resolution of the GPS as 620x480. (xxx is your Geforce model, like 680 or 570, etc.)

Now, I can undock the RealityXP GPS in windowed mode, move it to the DTA unit and resize it to fit the screen with the title bar as far up as it will go and switch to full screen mode and after about 2 seconds, the DTA unit displays the RealityXP screen perfectly! I love it! Why this works, I don't have a clue!

This unit is AWESOME!

Kdub

PS: I am so freaking Excited with this unit.. I can't tell you how much... I have a real Garmin G530 ....Woot Woot Woooooooot! :P

Actually, you don't. You have a very nice G500. B)

I would gladly pay another $100 for a GNS530 layout though! :ph34r:

<br />Actually, you don't. You have a very nice G500. <br /><br />I would gladly pay another $100 for a GNS530 layout though<br />

Whelp.. That GF module I have below it gives me the rotary knob for it.

Not difficult to setup 3 monitor view for FSX anymore.

The 6xx series nVedia card supports 3+1 monitor. 3 monitors with DVI-D or HDMI input can be used. HDMI --> DVI-D cables are cheap that can be had for $10

GTX 670 or GTX 680 would be prefered card. NVedia is a must for FSX. Forget ATI/AMD cards. No good for FSX.

For a new PC Build, a good Ivy Bridge i5 3570K or i7-3770K And Z77 MB build which can be easily OCed to 4.5Ghz with most air coolers out there would be sufficient to run it smoothly with addons. If you already have a 2500K, 2600K or 2700K Sandy Bridge, then that would be good too.. no need to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge.

hi! nice setup man !

could you detail your setup to have 4 monitors, are you using 2 video card or only one ?

could you detail your setup to have 4 monitors, are you using 2 video card or only one ?

I am using just one card. the GTX 670 FTW.

outputs_small.jpg

dvi-d-dual-link-digital-video-interface-cable.jpg

I have the DVI-I Dual link from the vidio card connected to the 4th monitor (the Desktop Aviator Garmin GPS 530) using (DVI-I to VGA cable)

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-DVI-DVI-I-male-Cable/dp/B002IWP87S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361244953&sr=1-1&keywords=dvi-I+to+vga

I have the DVI-D Dual link from the Video card connected to the DVI-D of my Dell 24" monitor

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Gold-plated-DVI-D-Digital-9-9Gbps/dp/B000E8SY5G/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361244903&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=dvi-d+tcable

I have the HDMI from the video card to the DVI-D using a cheapo $6 (HDMI to DVI) cable of my second Dell 24" monitor

http://www.amazon.co...rds=hdmi to dvi

I have the DP of the Video card to the DVI-D using a the cheapo passive DP->DVI cable of my third 24" Dell monitor

http://www.amazon.co...=I15U1D5HZBCGRF

I am using just one card. the GTX 670 FTW.

Niiice ! I always thought Nvidia card was limited to 3 or 2 monitors (as sais on their website). Thanks for the exsplanation that is very usefull !

I just bought the DesktopAviator model without the monitor and need some help.

I programmed it per instructions and it works flawlessly with the default gps's.

However, I don't seem to be able to get it to work with my reality xp gns's.

I have tried programming fspiuc both for button presses and keyboard presses and edited the realityxp.ini file with relative button calls to no avail.

Most buttons do nothing-some which I have programmed via keypresses in fspiuc when pressed change for instance the spot plane view. Any ideas? Is there a conflict somewhere? Thanks for any help/insights...

To Program the Desktop GPS buttons to the Reality XP G530W

First, within FSX go to FSUIPC (Yes..you need the paid version of FSUIPC).

assign a unique Key combination for each button and rotary movement found in your desktop Aviator's GPS unit.

This is an example for the "ENT" Button... when I pressed "ENT" button I see the Joy# 4 5 Btn#

I then using the keyboard do hold all three "Alt", "Ctrl" and "F2" keys until it registers properly in the FSUIPC. I continue to do that for every button and rotary movement in the GPS hardware unit.

e.g. Go to to the Tab "Buttons and Switches", then select on "Select for key press", then click on "Set" ("press the keys to be sent when the button is pressed")

8520670705_cc6f619aa6_z.jpg

Then assign those keys to the reality xp unit within the RXPGNS.INI file. (my example for ENT find the assignment "530_ENT=ALT+CTRL+F2"

Find the file RXPGNS.INI (I have it in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\Settings folder)

530_CONTRAST_INC=

530_CONTRAST_DEC=

530_CONTRAST_RESET=

530_POW=ALT+CTRL+T

530_COMFLIP=

530_NAVFLIP=

530_CDI=ALT+CTRL+9

530_OBS=ALT+CTRL+O

530_MSG=ALT+CTRL+M

530_FPL=ALT+CTRL+F8

530_PROC=ALT+CTRL+F6

530_NAV=ALT+CTRL+F7

530_DTO=ALT+CTRL+F5

530_MNU=ALT+CTRL+F4

530_CLR=ALT+CTRL+F3

530_ENT=ALT+CTRL+F2

530_RANGE_INC=ALT+CTRL+I

530_RANGE_DEC=ALT+CTRL+D

530_LKNOBO_L=

530_LKNOBO_R=

530_LKNOBI_L=

530_LKNOBI_R=

530_LKNOBPUSH=

530_RKNOBO_L=ALT+CTRL+LEFT

530_RKNOBO_R=ALT+CTRL+RIGHT

530_RKNOBI_L=ALT+CTRL+DOWN

530_RKNOBI_R=ALT+CTRL+UP

530_RKNOBPUSH=ALT+CTRL+F1

530_EXPORTFPL=ALT+CTRL+=

530_SWAPRADIOS=

-----------------------------------------------------

The only thing I would say is, Avoid the "ALT" key if possible .. Yes I have used it .. Sometimes the the menu comes up (in full screen mode).. Not a big issue but it could be annoying for some.

I am having the problem that many of the keypresses such as ctrl f3 don't show up in fsiupc -eg. the press key box doesn't register anything when I press that key combo-however pressing the key combo from the keyboard in fs does-anyone know what is up here? Thanks!

I finally got most of the buttons to work by manually editing the fsiupc file with the command syntax, however I still can't get the power button or right outside knob to work, even entering the commands manually. The keyboard shortcuts do work from the keyboard though.