Sign in to follow this  
Manny

OK..I got my first phase of my cockpit done!

Got it finally fixed-boy this was a difficult one. Thanks Manny for all your help!

Now that it is working I can only praise this DesktopAviator gps the highest praises. It has removed the last bit of awkwardness of using the sim for rw training and is possibly the most useful and good value I have bought for the sim.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

.. I got one of the first, if not the first G500, that came out this is the non LCD, which I like very much, since it can be incorporated into the GoFlight 7 bay Case  I'm using one of my 15" widescreens monitor to display the GPS  ..it's as real as you can get ... love it  ... next challenge for DTA is to come out with the real G530, which I do not think should be a big deal & maybe the G1000 .... lol

& yes Many, your Simpit looks great, great job.

Yair      

Hi Manny,

Can you please email me at: support@desktopaviator.com

I would like to discuss a new project with you.

Bobby B.

I've been reading this topic with great interest. But I have a question.

The software package; Reality XP will take the screen portion and place it into

the DTA's GPS monitor. Reality XP simulates a Garmin 530. Is there a software

package similar to Reality XY that recreates the screen found on a Garmin 500

series GPS; like you would find on the MS2004 and FSX?

Thanks in advance

Well, I bought one of these beauties and somehow have managed to configure it to run undocked and full screen. I don't claim to understand why this works but after a day of flying in windowed mode I tried this:

I configured my primary #1 monitor as usual and configured the GPS as monitor 2 with the extended desktop using the native windows screen resolution of 1024x768x16. I did not use nVidia control, I just right-clicked on my desktop and used the Windows set up for screen resolution. I then added a second line in my FSX.cfg for display resolution. You know, where you have DISPLAY.device.NVIDIA Geforce GTX xxx.0, I added a second line that says DISPLAY.device.NVIDIA Geforce GTX xxx.1 with the resolution of 1024x768x16. This didn't work when I specified the real resolution of the GPS as 620x480. (xxx is your Geforce model, like 680 or 570, etc.)

Now, I can undock the RealityXP GPS in windowed mode, move it to the DTA unit and resize it to fit the screen with the title bar as far up as it will go and switch to full screen mode and after about 2 seconds, the DTA unit displays the RealityXP screen perfectly! I love it! Why this works, I don't have a clue!

This unit is AWESOME!

Kdub

I know that this is a stale topic, but I just encountered a problem with my DTA unit and it may help others to hear about this.  So after three years I started experiencing screen flickering which made the GPS unusuable.  The fact is DTA is no longer producing the 2450, I believe because the LCD screen is no longer in production.  I was panicking because I really enjoy the unit.  After some thought, I decided to use my nVidia control panel in Windows to set up the specified 620x480 resolution for the LCD and changed my fsx.cfg file to reflect this change.  That solved the problem.  The LCD is a 620x480 native resolution but Windows doesn't recognize this so using the nVidia control panel custon resolution menu is the only way to set this up correctly.  A big sigh of relief for me.

Kdub

I know that this is a stale topic, but I just encountered a problem with my DTA unit and it may help others to hear about this.  So after three years I started experiencing screen flickering which made the GPS unusuable.  The fact is DTA is no longer producing the 2450, I believe because the LCD screen is no longer in production.  I was panicking because I really enjoy the unit.  After some thought, I decided to use my nVidia control panel in Windows to set up the specified 620x480 resolution for the LCD and changed my fsx.cfg file to reflect this change.  That solved the problem.  The LCD is a 620x480 native resolution but Windows doesn't recognize this so using the nVidia control panel custon resolution menu is the only way to set this up correctly.  A big sigh of relief for me.

Kdub

Well, it turns out that 620x480 won't work in FSX.  I was able to follow the above method using 1280x960 and produce excellent results.  Whew!

Kdub