Sign in to follow this  
Manny

OK..I got my first phase of my cockpit done!

There might be room on the GPS for another Dual Encoder Switch, but it won't do you any good; the Circuit Board supports only the 1 dual encoder switch

There might be room on the GPS for another Dual Encoder Switch, but it won't do you any good; the Circuit Board supports only the 1 dual encoder switch

I noticed in the photo that Manny has a Leo Bodnar card, he could wire another dual concentric to the card and run it through FSUIPC to tune the radios. Great setup there Manny, really well done.

John  Hubbard     PREPAR3D v4.4    Win764                                 

Is your 530s video an undocked window? Can u run Fsx full screen?

Well, I bought one of these beauties and somehow have managed to configure it to run undocked and full screen. I don't claim to understand why this works but after a day of flying in windowed mode I tried this:

I configured my primary #1 monitor as usual and configured the GPS as monitor 2 with the extended desktop using the native windows screen resolution of 1024x768x16. I did not use nVidia control, I just right-clicked on my desktop and used the Windows set up for screen resolution. I then added a second line in my FSX.cfg for display resolution. You know, where you have DISPLAY.device.NVIDIA Geforce GTX xxx.0, I added a second line that says DISPLAY.device.NVIDIA Geforce GTX xxx.1 with the resolution of 1024x768x16. This didn't work when I specified the real resolution of the GPS as 620x480. (xxx is your Geforce model, like 680 or 570, etc.)

Now, I can undock the RealityXP GPS in windowed mode, move it to the DTA unit and resize it to fit the screen with the title bar as far up as it will go and switch to full screen mode and after about 2 seconds, the DTA unit displays the RealityXP screen perfectly! I love it! Why this works, I don't have a clue!

This unit is AWESOME!

Kdub

PS: I am so freaking Excited with this unit.. I can't tell you how much... I have a real Garmin G530 ....Woot Woot Woooooooot! :P

Actually, you don't. You have a very nice G500. B)

I would gladly pay another $100 for a GNS530 layout though! :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Many Thanks to All That Donated To Our Server Drive!

<br />Actually, you don't. You have a very nice G500. <br /><br />I would gladly pay another $100 for a GNS530 layout though<br />

Whelp.. That GF module I have below it gives me the rotary knob for it.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Not difficult to setup 3 monitor view for FSX anymore.

The 6xx series nVedia card supports 3+1 monitor. 3 monitors with DVI-D or HDMI input can be used. HDMI --> DVI-D cables are cheap that can be had for $10

GTX 670 or GTX 680 would be prefered card. NVedia is a must for FSX. Forget ATI/AMD cards. No good for FSX.

For a new PC Build, a good Ivy Bridge i5 3570K or i7-3770K And Z77 MB build which can be easily OCed to 4.5Ghz with most air coolers out there would be sufficient to run it smoothly with addons. If you already have a 2500K, 2600K or 2700K Sandy Bridge, then that would be good too.. no need to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge.

hi! nice setup man !

could you detail your setup to have 4 monitors, are you using 2 video card or only one ?

could you detail your setup to have 4 monitors, are you using 2 video card or only one ?

I am using just one card. the GTX 670 FTW.

outputs_small.jpg

dvi-d-dual-link-digital-video-interface-cable.jpg

I have the DVI-I Dual link from the vidio card connected to the 4th monitor (the Desktop Aviator Garmin GPS 530) using (DVI-I to VGA cable)

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-DVI-DVI-I-male-Cable/dp/B002IWP87S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361244953&sr=1-1&keywords=dvi-I+to+vga

I have the DVI-D Dual link from the Video card connected to the DVI-D of my Dell 24" monitor

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Gold-plated-DVI-D-Digital-9-9Gbps/dp/B000E8SY5G/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361244903&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=dvi-d+tcable

I have the HDMI from the video card to the DVI-D using a cheapo $6 (HDMI to DVI) cable of my second Dell 24" monitor

http://www.amazon.co...rds=hdmi to dvi

I have the DP of the Video card to the DVI-D using a the cheapo passive DP->DVI cable of my third 24" Dell monitor

http://www.amazon.co...=I15U1D5HZBCGRF

Manny

I just bought the DesktopAviator model without the monitor and need some help.

I programmed it per instructions and it works flawlessly with the default gps's.

However, I don't seem to be able to get it to work with my reality xp gns's.

I have tried programming fspiuc both for button presses and keyboard presses and edited the realityxp.ini file with relative button calls to no avail.

Most buttons do nothing-some which I have programmed via keypresses in fspiuc when pressed change for instance the spot plane view. Any ideas? Is there a conflict somewhere? Thanks for any help/insights...

Geofa

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE-the best Flight Sim!

To Program the Desktop GPS buttons to the Reality XP G530W

First, within FSX go to FSUIPC (Yes..you need the paid version of FSUIPC).

assign a unique Key combination for each button and rotary movement found in your desktop Aviator's GPS unit.

This is an example for the "ENT" Button... when I pressed "ENT" button I see the Joy# 4 5 Btn#

I then using the keyboard do hold all three "Alt", "Ctrl" and "F2" keys until it registers properly in the FSUIPC. I continue to do that for every button and rotary movement in the GPS hardware unit.

e.g. Go to to the Tab "Buttons and Switches", then select on "Select for key press", then click on "Set" ("press the keys to be sent when the button is pressed")

8520670705_cc6f619aa6_z.jpg

Then assign those keys to the reality xp unit within the RXPGNS.INI file. (my example for ENT find the assignment "530_ENT=ALT+CTRL+F2"

Find the file RXPGNS.INI (I have it in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\Settings folder)

530_CONTRAST_INC=

530_CONTRAST_DEC=

530_CONTRAST_RESET=

530_POW=ALT+CTRL+T

530_COMFLIP=

530_NAVFLIP=

530_CDI=ALT+CTRL+9

530_OBS=ALT+CTRL+O

530_MSG=ALT+CTRL+M

530_FPL=ALT+CTRL+F8

530_PROC=ALT+CTRL+F6

530_NAV=ALT+CTRL+F7

530_DTO=ALT+CTRL+F5

530_MNU=ALT+CTRL+F4

530_CLR=ALT+CTRL+F3

530_ENT=ALT+CTRL+F2

530_RANGE_INC=ALT+CTRL+I

530_RANGE_DEC=ALT+CTRL+D

530_LKNOBO_L=

530_LKNOBO_R=

530_LKNOBI_L=

530_LKNOBI_R=

530_LKNOBPUSH=

530_RKNOBO_L=ALT+CTRL+LEFT

530_RKNOBO_R=ALT+CTRL+RIGHT

530_RKNOBI_L=ALT+CTRL+DOWN

530_RKNOBI_R=ALT+CTRL+UP

530_RKNOBPUSH=ALT+CTRL+F1

530_EXPORTFPL=ALT+CTRL+=

530_SWAPRADIOS=

-----------------------------------------------------

The only thing I would say is, Avoid the "ALT" key if possible .. Yes I have used it .. Sometimes the the menu comes up (in full screen mode).. Not a big issue but it could be annoying for some.

Manny

I am having the problem that many of the keypresses such as ctrl f3 don't show up in fsiupc -eg. the press key box doesn't register anything when I press that key combo-however pressing the key combo from the keyboard in fs does-anyone know what is up here? Thanks!

Geofa

I finally got most of the buttons to work by manually editing the fsiupc file with the command syntax, however I still can't get the power button or right outside knob to work, even entering the commands manually. The keyboard shortcuts do work from the keyboard though.

Geofa

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now