Sign in to follow this  
mrscott

assignment buttons to keyboard

hello,

i want to assign the "autopilot disengage" button on the yoke and the auto-throttle disengage button on the throttle

to a keyboard button, but i dont now how to do it

please can someone help me? :(

greetings mrscott

Hi, most hardware comes with it's own software to allow assigning things like you have suggested. However, I would highly recommend you download LINDA, this is a great little app that's very easy to use and will allow you not only assign most things to your yoke but it will also allow you to create separate profiles for individual aircraft. As for the keyboard, unsure whether LINDA is for keyboard functions as I have never used it for that. But if it cannot be used for keyboard assignments then simply make your assignments through the FSX control panel or, get a free copy of FSUIPC :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

hello Rockliffe,

thanks for helping me, but i think that there's a miss understanding.

I want to assign these buttons to my keyboard or my joystick, but the buttons i want to assign are located in the pmdg plane.

The AP disengage button is on the yoke but the yoke in the cockpit of the pmdg plane and the AT disengage button is located on the throttle in the cockpit.

i hope you can still help me :unsure:

mrscott

Hiya, it doesn't matter where the 'virtual' buttons are located, you can assign them to anywhere you like. If you download LINDA, which is free (or better to pay a small donation) you can assign a whole load of things, as there is a specific profile for the NGX... hope I've understood you correctly...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Howard

Hello

You could use Fsuipc mouse macros for this, works very well

hello,

i've tried with fsuipc but those buttons aren't supported by LINDA or fsuipc.

mrscott

Does PMDG not have their own utility to assign keyboard commands? I know the MD11 does and the 737 through the FMC keycommands. I have it assigned through PMDG then through FSUIPC to a yoke button.

Z and Sift/z