Sign in to follow this  
Stonelove

FSX on Client and Server

According to manual, FSX and Opusfsx along with simconnect and FSUIPC must be installed on Server and Client. Is this set to change?

or am I not understanding?

That's correct you must install FSX and any scenery you wish to use, along with OpusFSX, simconnect and FSUIPC (free version) on all networked PCs.

Ok, but will this change in the future or will we always need FSX on the clients?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Ok, sorry didn't understand. I was thinking more for purpose of weather on the client and the need for FSUIPC to be running on it also.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Just to clarify in case I have unintentially confused you, the client side LWE option has not yet been implemented. At present you have to run the LWE on the server although the software has been designed very efficiently so that you should not notice a performance hit for FSX.

If you want scenic views on the clients depicting the weather then you must install FSX etc on the clients.

Cheers

Cheryl

Ah, I got you fully now. I had noticed hardly a performance hit if any on server and is very surprised and please about that

Thx