Sign in to follow this  
delsutton

Battery failing

Hi guys

Quick query. When I park up and power off everything, including battery and avionics, if I come back later (say an hour or two) I find the battery has no power, or at least, nothing happens when I flick the swicth. Obvously then I can't start the engine. Am I overlooking something obvious that drains the battery or is there a bug in the sim? By the way, this happens in any plane I use. Any advice would be most welcome.

Del

Yes there is a bug in FSX that depletes the battery unrealistically fast.

FSUIPC will allow you to set a battery life to your liking, or an indefinite battery life.

FSUIPC will allow you to set a battery life to your liking, or an indefinite battery life.

You need the registered (payware) version of FSUIPC to tweak battery life. If you don't own it already you really need it for many more reasons than just extending battery life.

Way back when...FSUIPC was the first addon i purchased...been with it ever since...it should be a part of everyones FSX. It really is that essential, and is FOR SURE the unsung hero of the FSX world

It really is that essential, and is FOR SURE the unsung hero of the FSX world

+1

Under the [electrical] section off that particular aircraft's aircraft.cfg - look for:-

electric_always_available = 0 If it's there, make it a "1", if it's not there - put the line in.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Under the [electrical] section off that particular aircraft's aircraft.cfg - look for:-

electric_always_available = 0 If it's there, make it a "1", if it's not there - put the line in.

Keep in mind the "Law of Unintended Consequences..."

This bypasses the master battery switch, which in turn may allow things to work that shouldn't when the master battery switch is supposedly "OFF..." :O

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Keep in mind the "Law of Unintended Consequences..."

This bypasses the master battery switch, which in turn may allow things to work that shouldn't when the master battery switch is supposedly "OFF..." :O

+1

FSUIPC is worth the asking price for so many reasons....this being but just one.

Thanks, Bill - I did not know that! :smile:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.