Sign in to follow this  
mrt60

fmc time

Hi all ,

I, like many others have been flying fsx for years , but I have a problem I cannot solve , when i enter a flight ; ie EGKK-KJFK , on my flight plan it says 32 hours ????????

It should be 8-10 ? Any help would be appreciated . :(

Regards ,

Joe Turner.

What aircraft is loaded at the time you create the fligth plan? The time is calculated taking into account the maximum speed if the aircraft currently loaded, and not the one you might be planning to use/is used in real life. So for example the route EGKK-KJFK would take about 8 to 10 hours in a 747 or T7, it'll probably take 32 hours in the Aircreation Trike, which is the default plane. On the other hand, if you had the Concorde or a fight aircraft loaded prior to creating your fligth plan, the estimated time will definitely be below those 8 hours!

Regards,

Flo

Can't help you then, I don't have that bird.

Looks like I've misunderstood your question.

If you let FSX build your flightplan it won't sent you across the atlantic, but all the way around it. As there are no atlantic waypoints in FSX. I myself use (the payware) FSCommander for flightplanning which does support the NATtracks (North Atlantic Tracks)

Harro

b77lr_10.jpg

Harro Lippmann

Enter the nat routes in the fms manually, just google FAA nat and it should find the daily routes. Since they do change daily you cant put NATA as a "Via" on the rte page. Then you should check for correct entry, sometimes if you hit one wrong digit you can add 16000 miles to the flight. Lat/long can only be added on legs page not rte page.