Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Weather Radar C340/Piper Jetprop

I know it is just essentially for show, but I wonder if anyone has gotten the weather radar to work in the C340 or Piper Jetprop? I've clicked the various knobs but it never turns on....

Regards,

John

Hi John,

I personally found that after using AS2012 I have had problems getting the Carenado Weather radar to work, whereas the RXP Wx500 still does it job ?!

Could be only my setup causing this ....

Did you try to use the CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12 tweak in the FSX.cfg ? Maybe you can get the Carenado Wxradar to draw the clouds.

Hello

I got the PA46T MALIBU JETPROP.

IMO the weather radar is bugged, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

I can get it to work if I load a Flight Plan, then I can see waypoints and the simulated weather; other times it starts working if I enter a direct to waypoint on the GPS.

My cloud coverage is medium, as using maximum or the tweak kills my FPS

I've replaced all the Carenado WR gauges with the Captain Sim one. For the JetProp, there's a nice mod in the forum section, so the looks of the panel stay intact. http://forum.avsim.n...orkable-in-p46/

Thanks,

I don't have any of Captain Sim's products, but I appreciate the suggestion. I have emailed Carenado but they usually don't fix things except for major issues right after a release. I'm not bothered by that, their products are so good and give such a great sense of realism, I can overlook an issue here and there. I am anxiously awaiting the B200's release. Can't wait to see that aircraft in action, and if it's reasonably priced I'll jump in and purchase it.

Regards,

John

I've found that some of those 'default' weather radar screens (means coming with the plane) have a problem when you inject the weather with addon software. Are you using an external program for the weather? If so, try setting up a flight with the FSX default weather dialogue and check if the gauge works.

It should and may then only have a problem with that external stuff. Maybe that information then helps Carenado on improving things.