Sign in to follow this  
Earl

Ground textures changing

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with the ground textures. When I first start my flight they are all lovely and nice. Once I take off and maybe change to an external view to admire the scenery the ground textures go all 'washed out'.

I can get them back by going into the menu and changing either Mesh or Texture res, but then the same thing happens again almost straight away.

The pictures probably explain it better.

Freshly load flight:

2012-10-11_20-46-19-143.jpg

And then a few seconds later:

2012-10-11_20-44-22-850-1.jpg

Any ideas???

Hi Earl,

Thats odd. If you switch back to your desktop (alt + tab) and then back to FSX do they get fixed?

Cielosim-Sig.png

Repaint Requests - Get your OWN custom repaint

Ok I'll give that a try.

Won't be able to try it until next week, but I'll report back.

Thanks

Plans changed so I've have a go tonight.

When I alt/tab back to the desk top and then return to FSX they do reload, but, after I cycle through a few views the same thing happens again :mad:

I've had this happen to me in FS2004. It occurred when I was around some certain custom scenery like an addon airport that I had installed. The ground textures would go blurry exactly like that whenever I had the view pointing at the airport. To get rid of the blurries, I uninstalled the airport. Don't know what the real cause was other than the addon airport I had in fs2004.

That could be the cause as I'm flying in ORBX PNW with a few airports. But I don't really want to uninstall the airports .

I will have to fly somewhere else with no add on airports to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the info.

It looks like resource starvation to me. Your computer is dumping the higher-level mips of the terrain images because it can't keep up with the updates. In other words, something is overloading the system.

Its the 'blurries'

You are pushing the settings to hard for your PC.

You are from Stafford? That's my home town! Lived there until 13 years ago.

If you are 37 you probably know the old Colosseum and Reynolds Bar pretty well!

I've had this happen to me in FS2004. It occurred when I was around some certain custom scenery like an addon airport that I had installed. The ground textures would go blurry exactly like that whenever I had the view pointing at the airport. To get rid of the blurries, I uninstalled the airport. Don't know what the real cause was other than the addon airport I had in fs2004.

Had the same thing with airport scenery specifically Zvartnots 2008. I assume it was some sort of texture problem but gave up troubleshooting without isolating the cause.

scott s.

It looks like resource starvation to me. Your computer is dumping the higher-level mips of the terrain images because it can't keep up with the updates. In other words, something is overloading the system.

Thats what I thought it might be but I've knocked down the settings quite a bit and its still doing the same.

Its the 'blurries'

You are pushing the settings to hard for your PC.

You are from Stafford? That's my home town! Lived there until 13 years ago.

If you are 37 you probably know the old Colosseum and Reynolds Bar pretty well!

Have lived in Stafford for about 18 years now. Reynolds Bar long gone and the Colosseum has been re-named Black and White.

The town still floods when it rains though :lol: :lol: