Sign in to follow this  
sam1133az

Runtime Error 9...?

Hi, just bought RC and have licenced version of FSUIPC, but when i run RC after loading flight plan, my plane instantly crashes into what looks like water, and i get a message saying " Runtime Error 9...RadarContact.FSUIPC.rc4code".

its probably something i havent set right, but i cant think what to do.

Any help please someone.

many thanks

http://forum.avsim.n...page__hl__error

for starters.

Be sure you have updated FSUIPC and makerwys from the pinned links especially from the RC distribution versions. After installing the updated makerws from within RC run the scenery rebuild again from within RC. If RC is not on the same pc as FS run makerwys directly first in your FS folder. To insure the data files copied over correctly to the RC data folder compare the date-time stamp of r5.csv in your FS folder with the date-time stamp of r4.csv and a4.csv in the rc\data folder. They should be close. Also insure that the r5.csv and r4.csv file sizes match.

Also check if you have dual FS versions installed and therefore two RC folders installed (one for each FS version) that you used the correct FS path for the version you used when prompted by RC for the same RC install for that FS version.

Don't start RC until you have a aircraft loaded in FS (usually parked and in an avionics on status) and that your flight plan departure airport matches the airport you are parked at.

If you modified any of the data files manually in the RC\data folder and there is an error that can also generate an error 9 which generally means bad data in one of those files or your .pln file is out of sync with the airport data.

If your aircraft headed to "no man's land" when starting RC ity is usually because of bad or mismatched data between where your aircraft is located, your .pln file, and the rc airport data pulled from your installed scenery.

as i said in my email to you, there is probably a non alpha numeric character in your gate info, in your .pln

if that's not it, you'll have to make a log. details pinned to the top of the forum

jd

ok...think i understand, i have uninstalled it and now re-installed it, but stupid me, i forgot to keep a record of the licence, so have to wait for a new one, when i get up and running again i'll let you know.

thanks for replying and helping me.

many thanks

There was no need to reinstall unless one of the fixed data files (f4.csv, m4.csv, etc.), everything except r4.csv and a4.csv (which are always replaced in a scenery rebuild) gets corrupted. I also recommend you make a safe copy in another folder of rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat once RC is configured to your liking. Keep your key in a separate text file by copying that and your user name from the registration reply e-mail into a text document and for super safety printing it.

GOD...i feel like giving up...now i cant get the rc window to open in fsx...disabled fsx atc in checkbox's as per faq, but cant get the little box to appear in fsx.

please help

Was your registration successful? When you click start for RC it should minimize. If you try alt-tab to switch to different windows are there any error messages? When you alt-tab it should also bring up the main RC window that minimized when you started RC and then you can alt-tab back to FS.

Make sure FS is not paused when you start RC. In FS General settings disable pause on task switch. If RC just quits something went wrong with your registration or it can not "get" to FS because of security issues. Did you create a shortcut to RC with a property set to run as admin?

The RC inflight window is for a long time provided directly by FSUIPC4. Today's versions 4.853 full install and 4.853 interim module only are here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Try running FS in windowed mode to see if the RC in-flight window is hidden off screen.

Please clarify if you are running RC and FS on the same PC and not on a network RC client to an FS host via WideFS.

Use a default aircraft for testing and make sure you are in a cockpit view with the cockpit view the active window. Avoid running any other add-ons for testing until these issues are resolved.

Now, before clicking the START button in RC4, you must have your aircraft loaded into FSX with a running flight and neither FS itself or the flight within is in pause mode.

Hi ronzie,

yes activation was fine, am using a default plane, game not paused, RC and FSX on same pc, no wideFS, aircraft loaded, not paused and ready to go, start up RC load flight plan, start RC, no window appear, cant contact atc.

have latest FSUIPC4 installed.

Edited by sam1133az

Update, finally figured out problem...was running MCE with RC, had to add line to MCE cfg file, all well now...yippee.

only nigle is ( it is night time) atc writing is in red, and i would like it in green, any way of changing this please.

would like to thank you for your help.

many thanks. :biggrin: :yahoo:

The easiest way is to go into your modules folder and place a safe copy of FSUIPC.ini outside of FS entirely such as in your documents folder. Then using wordpad or word open in the FS modules folder fsuipc.ini. Add the following line to the [General] section of fsuipc.ini:

WhiteMessages=Yes

Sorry, no green.

While you are in there you can also edit directly in a hot key to toggle the window off and on however as soon as the display changes it will pop back up. To use my key assignment of ctrl-x (if nothing else uses it) add to that same section:

AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10

If that window gets in the way on the ground especially while taxiing that comes in handy :).

Save fsuipc.ini as a text file but be sure .txt is not added to the end of the file name.

Since you have a user licensed version of FSUIPC you will also find these settings in the various tabs of FSUIPC, the latter function in key assignments. White text might be in the first tab.

In the user licensed FSUIPC you also might find in the additional functions for key assignments two functions for AI. The first is a traffic zapper that nukes AI aircraft in front of you. For the occasional ground nose-to-nose ai stall or ai in front of you (RC does not control these) the zapper is handy. The second is the function to toggle ai traffic percent between two values. I have mine at 100% and 0. By toggling between these two it refreshes (reloads) all ai and it also quickens the update of ATIS after any changes have been applied by add-on weather applications. Some attempt to do that after they finish writing weather but in my experience that does not always work. I also use that toggle to get rid of a long take-off queue.

Speaking of long take-off queues I use in the FSX utilities section in the library aismooth version 1.2 which works in FS9 and FSX. You can use it to increase separation of landing aircraft (your adjustment) to provide ai in the queue to squeeze in among arrivals. Read its manual.

Hope these help.