Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

First ENGLAND picture and news

Hummmm! can somebody here ask them overthere

I've tried that before........it didn't work.

What we need is Metropolitan areas and their suburbs to see how the autogen looks.

Thing I saw when I was in the UK was the wacky tide changes....wouldn't mind seeing that in FSX :P

I've tried that before........it didn't work.

So you mean to tell me that you asked that DX10 question before about the promotional screenshots and vid.in the Orbx's forum and they did not answered you?

Well Iain and Ed have now posted more screenshots on the official forum. Iains are based around Barrow-in-Furness, which I have to confess is one area of my homeland that I've never visited, and Ed's are at unidentified locations.

To me the textures look uniformly dark and desaturated? OK we Brits know what dull looks like and for much of the time, but when the Sun's out here it's a blaze of bright colour. I've posted comments and questions about this on the official forum but as yet we haven't a "definitive" set of shots showing seasonal or environmental variations. I've also requested some shots of the SE. Not just because it's my area but because the majority of Overseas tourists will have arrived at one of the London airports and (if they're lucky) will have seen quite a bit of the region on their approach to land.

Hopefully more to follow soon now that the scenery is available beyond the development team for creating screengrabs.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Hummmm! can somebody here ask them overthere if these shots are taken in DX10 mode......I know for a fact that a lot of 3PD do use DX10 for promotional screenshots and vid, are they taken with the V key only or are they altered.

I can't speak for every developer or tester, but as an ORBX tester I create preview shots per some strict guidlines which are laid out for us all "over there" ;)

Basically, FTX is designed for DX9 only... so no DX10. No editing (beyond adding the product banners), straight V-Key captures. We are allowed to use ENB (but personally I don't as it gives me issues) and Nvidia Inspector as most everybody else does... Most preview shots are taken with maxed out sliders of course to show what the package is capable of...

For all intents and purposes, the preview shots are WYSIWG... No tricks or editing allowed :)

Hope that helps!

Hi Rob,

Indeed useful info. A couple of points you raised....

No editing (beyond adding the product banners), straight V-Key captures. We are allowed to use ENB (but personally I don't as it gives me issues)

Those banners are really intrusive? Don't suppose you can persuade "over there" ;) to adopt a less intrusive logo? I did raise it there but to no response.

...and forgive my ignorance but what's ENB?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

I can't speak for every developer or tester, but as an ORBX tester I create preview shots per some strict guidlines which are laid out for us all "over there" ;)

Basically, FTX is designed for DX9 only... so no DX10. No editing (beyond adding the product banners), straight V-Key captures. We are allowed to use ENB (but personally I don't as it gives me issues) and Nvidia Inspector as most everybody else does... Most preview shots are taken with maxed out sliders of course to show what the package is capable of...

For all intents and purposes, the preview shots are WYSIWG... No tricks or editing allowed :)

Hope that helps!

Thank you Rob for taking the time to answer.

Make sense about the pics., as we all know, you can pause the sim and let the pic. get better before pressing the V key so everything is in focus and sharp.

As far as video goes I'm not so sure, see, a lot of peoples here have top of the line PCs and I mean TOP OF THE LINE and can't reproduce the same (on DX9) without editing or without using DX10.

I know for a fact that some 3PD do use DX10 for their vid as it give a better visual and performance (not saying Orbx does that) but if somebody already asked a simple question as this one about DX10 on Orbx forum and is ignored....what are we suppose to think?

My point for all of this is that if indeed DX10 is used to make a promotional vid. by any 3PD it should be mentionned somewhere, why would you ask... because addons buyers will be under the impression that they will be able to reproduce the same on their machine thinking that the vid. was made using DX9, so to me it's border line misleading if DX10 is used and not disclosed.