Sign in to follow this  
TStorm

Aircraft keeps powering down (systems/fuel failure)

My apologies of this has already been covered but I could not specifically find an account of this issue.

I simply cannot get the PMDG 747-400X to work.. in the sense that the aircraft loses power and systems and engines will shut down about a minute into the flight - sometimes sooner (on the ground) . The panel goes dark - typically strating with the F/O's side and aircraft consequently falls from the sky. I am very frustrated because I love this aircraft and want to fly it. I look at the caution and warnings display and I am getting a low fuel warning and several other warnings which I clear via the overhead panel. The low fuel warning caution remains In checking the fuel on board, sometimes it is near empty, others, it is almost full. I have tried running via the proper start up sequence (in the manual) to no avail. The aircraft is still failing. Does anyone have this problem or know of a fix from PMDG? there is something wrong with the electrical system or fuel system or both. I set failures to zero in FSX and the aircraft still fails. I have uninstalled and reinstalled (properly w/anti virus off) several times and still have the problem !!!! Grrrrr. Hope someone can help me so I may start enjoying this product

Many Thanks!!

Are you loading an appropriate amount of fuel via the PMDG options menu (not through the FSX default fuel controls) for your flight? Screen shots of the EICAS fuel page and overhead panel would help.

My guess would be that you have a axis on your joystick, throttle, etc that is asigned to control mixture for your prop planes. Even though this is not a prop, for whatever reason FSX will kill the engines on your jet when moved above idle if it senses this axis.Try moving the axis to full rich and see if you get the same problem.