Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

DiskTrix UltimateDefrag 4 - 50% off (need an opinion)

Looks like through the FS Deal of the Day Ultimate Defrag 4 is 50% off.

http://www.pcaviator...productid=19462

I've read some mixed reviews but was wondering if anyone can give me some personal experiences with this software?

Thanks so much.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

My opinion...Don't buy it! The software is totally unsupported and it did not work at all on my computer.

When I selected "Analyze", the program would analyze about 98% of my harddrive, then the whole program would just disappear. It did it consistently, every time.

I contacted Disktrix and they acknowledged my email and told me they would get back. Then nothing.

I kept trying to contact them, then they responded with some weak suggestions, then quit responding.

Luckly, I purchased it using "Paypal" and was able to file a claim to get my money back.

I Googled Distrix Ultimate Defrag and found out that many others had experienced this extremely poor support.

The company is owned by one man named Robert Ferraro from South Carolina, who is making about $200,000 per year on sales, according to "Manta".

There is not a "team" of support people for this software. Only Robert, and I have to suspect that he paid someone else to have the software created, because he doesn't seem to know much about it himself.

If you buy the software, and it works for you, that is fine. But, if you have problems you will probably be on your own.

I believe the best defrag software is either going to be PerfectDisk from Raxco or Diskkeeper from Condusiv.

With PerfectDisk, I could actually see a marked improvement to FSX on my old computer.

Bob

I found it worked well on my old disk.

Just remember don't defrag SSDs, only old style disks.

I downloaded the free 30 day version and used it frequently. I loved it. I did not have any problems at all. First defrag on my 80 gig raptors using priority took approx 3 hrs for drive c to complete. A noticable difference in boot time and performance. I have not purchased at this time, but when I have the funds I will buy it.

Jamie Moses

I've managed to do my defragging fine with UltraDefrag. Main points: it does good job, is blazing fast and completely free. I just don't see a reason to pay money for a program that does just defragging as there exists more than adequate free defragging utilities.

An excellent review of the product.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0608/DiskTrix/defrag.htm

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B