Sign in to follow this  
1FLIGHTSIMFANATIC

PMDG has spoiled me rotten

I tried other payware aircraft in the $50 to $60 dollar range and I hated them, the programming is so bad and the flight dynamics are so off, I mean a large jet stopping in 3000 feet I don't think so! I am to the point of PMDG doesn't make i'm not buying it.i find it amusing many products are a half baked attempt, but being used to high quality standards, I've become a PMDG snob and proud of it.i will be so happy when the 777 is rolled out the the MD-11 is great but the 777 will be awesome.I only really need the 737 and the 777 to meet my flying needs the rest of the other developers well that was a stupid tax I guess.

So true. I recently bought a payware 757 (won't say which one) and was incredibly disappointed with how poorly the FMC is done. Sloppy and half-baked. On the other hand, PMDG's three year old MD-11 still shines (love flying this old bird), and the NGX is by my definition the benchmark for all other FSX a/c addons.

I'm not much of a long-haul fan, but I will buy the 777 if only to experience more of PMDG's excellence.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

FSlabs Concorde and the Leonardo MD-80 are still up there with PMDG and perhaps even better in some instances. This is can say from experience with all of these products.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I agree, i mean PMDG rose the bar to a new standard way back in the day of the original NG, and they continue to push the bar higher and higher to heights only they and a FEW other developers can reach

right on

PMDG and Carenado are the only two for me

Once you try A2A, you won't even remember who Carenado is. Just wait for their upcoming GA planes. Nothing against Carenado. I own a few of their airplanes, but A2A takes it to the next level with Accu-Sim. So far they only have old pre-jet era airplanes, but they are developing newer GA airplanes and jets now.

Matheus Mafra

Once you try A2A, you won't even remember who Carenado is. Just wait for their upcoming GA planes. Nothing against Carenado. I own a few of their airplanes, but A2A takes it to the next level with Accu-Sim. So far they only have old pre-jet era airplanes, but they are developing newer GA airplanes and jets now.

I agree. At least older Carenado birds seem to have pretty weak flight dynamics, not better than most freeware, heard thought that newer ones are better and there are some optional air files for older ones to download too.

PMDG and couple of other developers having their really high standards hasn't stopped me from using also stuff from other developers. Boeing 757 is my favorite bird so I continue to fly QW one even though it isn't as good as PMDG 737NGX for example, not in terms of systems at least.

Making that kind of extremely quality addons is such as hard and long task that I don't really expect most developers to ever reach quality of PMDG, FSLabs and Leonardo Maddog, not everyone has enough time, resources and in some cases also money to spend on developing such extreme quality birds. As long as flight dynamics seem believable, most systems used on normal flights are simulated and graphics are at least decent I am happy with any addon.

I agree for the most part but I don't want to wait 2 to 3 years between PMDG aircraft purchases. On the other hand, some of the Carenado stuff is being produced too quickly I think. I bought the Carenado Cessna t182 and expected it too be better than the C90B but it's not....too many VC knobs not functional and are in 2D only :( Also, as far as the flight dynamics of the Carenados is concerned, I'm not sure of their fidelity to the real thing...again not saying it's not right but I question it.

Well if you are talking about the quality wings 757 the FMC is supposed to be like that like they say complexity simplified and it's a pretty good airplane for what the price is and how it's advertised not like CS calling it a pro product when its not.

Gday

Im relativly new to Fsx (started in 2009) when i first started, i didnt know who was who, regarding airliner devs, but after reading through the forums , two devs stood out, dev a and dev b ( im not naming them, because if you have got dev a and dev b planes you will know who im talking about) , i bought a plane from dev a who is known for great graphics, which was true, but the engine sounds were just wrong, thinking there was something wrong with my computer , i went onto their forum ,and was told that there had to be something wrong with my computer, their sounds were fine, so after reading through countless forums looking for a solution ( there wasnt any) i decided to get a plane from dev b, and great engine sounds , no problems at all. now what really pi...... upset me was when i was reading through dev a forum and the same posters that said there was nothing wrong with their sounds, were saying how good the sound pack from tss was , so they had replaced the original engine sounds, deva has had planes out for yearsthat have bugs, and they still have not fixed them. Now to dev b, nothing to complain about, i got what any resonable person wants, a plane that works, and sounds legitimate, nothing more and nothing less, may i also add they get professionalls to flight test their planes, so i know that the plane i get is as close to real as possible, within the constrains of fsx, of course. I feel sad for dev a , because they have so much potential, So yes Pmdg has spoiled me also ( oops gave away who dev b was)

Jeff

I won't bash other developers because I used their products in the past. I'm stuck with PMDG simply because they have raised the bar so high, and it's impossible to go back to the others. Right now, I'm doing long/medium hauls on the MD-11F, and short/mediums hauls with the NGX.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

The ngx was the second payware aircraft i ever brought, the price shot me a little but, i love all the pmdg family, and frankly the reson i brought the Pmdg over another competitor is it was better, and frankly i only buy aircraft from 3 addon company's at the moment, and all have a great product, weather it's a Super Hornet or a P-51, and it has kinda made me not buy any thing uless