Sign in to follow this  
Dr Vesuvius

Question about Lite edition

Brilliant news about the new Lite edition of MCE. If it had been around a couple of months ago it would have been a no-brainer purchase for me, as it does exactly what I was looking for (voice comms with default ATC). That said, now I've had a chance to play with some of the "Ultimate" features (Voxscript, GSX integration) I wouldn't want to give them up!

One quick question, purely for interest's sake. Is the functionality with "unsupported" aircraft the same as with the full version of MCE? i.e. basic systems (gear up, flaps etc) but no checklists or complex procedures? Or does Trav just sit there and pout if he's in a strange aircraft? :-)

I mainly fly default and freeware birds and find MCE equally useful whether the aircraft is supported or not. It would be a shame if potential buyers gave MCE Lite a miss because they think it's completely useless in non-default airplane (unless that is actually the case).

Best of luck with the new product.

Dr V

It would be a shame if potential buyers gave MCE Lite a miss because they think it's completely useless in non-default airplane (unless that is actually the case).

It is not even completely useless in non-default aircraft. MCE lite doesnt run any more as soon as you change any detail in the data set (for example panel.cfg or gauges) of the original FSX aircraft.

Look at the respective topic "MCE lite" of johnbla in this forum.

It is not even completely useless in non-default aircraft. MCE lite doesnt run any more as soon as you change any detail in the data set (for example panel.cfg or gauges) of the original FSX aircraft.

Look at the respective topic "MCE lite" of johnbla in this forum.

That strikes me as the very definition of "useless".  Which is a shame, and a bit different to what "unsupported" means in Ultimate Edition (basic functionality and working ATC, vs the app simply not working at all).  But I suppose a fully functional speech-to-ATC plugin for 20 Euros was a bit too good to be true.

I bought the full MCE long before Lite came out, and bought it primarily for ATC interaction.  Personally I found it worthwhile for that alone, with the ability to shout at a co-pilot a dubious bonus.  Since I seem to fall somewhere in the grey area between being a serious simmer and the much maligned "casual simmer", it's just simply a matter of MCE Lite being a product that's not aimed at or suitable to me.

Dr V