Sign in to follow this  
angelekesabe

Liveries shown with errors

Hi guys,

Well, I tried to upload a pic to show you better my problem with 737ngx liveries but i was unable to post by the system don't know why.

Anyway, what happens is that i had to uninstall 737ngx a few months ago because of a problem on my laptop. I also had to uninstall other PMDG add-ons such as B747 and MD-11. I followed all the steps explained here on the forum about a proper uninstall of pmdg software, meaning: I runned the .exe file always with Admin Mode, I deleted the lines related to PMDG on fsx.cfg file etc..

When I installed the same add-ons again, they all worked fine except the 737NGX.

The default PMDG livery works fine on FSX and the cockpit shows perfect. However, when i downloaded some liveries I used to have from PMDG website and running them on the Livery Manager and install normally on the system apparently. But when I open FSX and select B737 with the liveryI want, the same shows faulty.. I hear engines running but the fans don't rotate, screens shows black, missing buttons with black squares on it instead, etc.. The external paintjob looks fine, the problem it's on the inside. I can't use any features of the cockpit because i have no buttons or gauges..

I have all the updates installed in admin mode and all. I've been searching for someone with the same problem on google but found nothing. Could this be any .dll file problem or something?

I've installed everything the same way as I did the first time when all was working fine. I got new add-ons after purchasing these PMDG ones but everything was working fine together even after getting new add-ons, until i had to uninstall some pmdg software.

I don't know if that matters, but the other aircraft add-ons I have are from Aerosoft (Airbus X), QW (B757), CaptainSim (B767), CLS (A330/340). However, as I said, before i had to uninstall, pmdg was working perfect together with all these add-ons.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance.

Angelo Gomes

Were you guys able to figure out a solution to this problem? I have the very same problem. Some liveries work ok, others - I get nothing as you state. Exterior model is fine, interior - nothing, just black screens, landing gear handle up and can not click on anything. I usually switch back to a different livery that works.

Well, I did the installation again and re-downloaded the liveries I wanted. Now it seems that all 737-900 liveries, with WL or not, work fine.

The problem stills only with the -800's series, both with WL or not. I've checked again cfg files and compared with -900 ones and there's nothing different related to liveries or gauges.. still don't know what to do..

Thanks. I can't figure it out either. Sometimes my aircraft (-700WL) will initialize and sometimes it won't. Liveries are definately affecting it, but don't know why or how and ones that do work one day, won't the next day. Very frustrating.

Eric Wehrley

Angelo - you may want to try this. Make sure that the 'Tail Number' field of the .cfg and/or aircraft selection screen is filled in. This seems to have solved the problem for me. I noticed that when I went to select certain liveries that the 'Tail Number' field was blank and then the plane would not initialize and would have black screens and no buttons or knobs would work when loaded. Once I filled in the 'Tail Number' field with the registration number shown on the livery - bingo - the aircraft initialized properly and works fine.

I'm not sure if this is your exact problem, but hopefully this may help. Good luck!