Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

PMDG777: What about condensate within the engines during T/O?

Hi folks,

youtube videos show condensating humidity WITHIN the engine during take off,

see eg.

Is it planned for the PMDG triple seven?

(Well the sound in the video is also impressive, here we hope, too...)

Thanx

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Is it planned for the PMDG triple seven?

I asked about that (the condensation during landing when the reversers are out) and Ryan said either no or they are looking into it. I can't remember which one exactly.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Highly unlikely - we tried and it's just not possible to get a realistic looking effect for this given the constraints of the FSX graphics engine - it looks very strange and flashes unnaturally etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Highly unlikely - we tried and it's just not possible to get a realistic looking effect for this given the constraints of the FSX graphics engine - it looks very strange and flashes unnaturally etc.

That would be very difficult to simulate. On the other hand, it's also a fairly rare phenomenon when you add up the number of flights made by all 777's each day and take into account how many take-off's would have this happen. Not something I really care much for, like rain on the windshield.

it's just not possible to get a realistic looking effect for this given the constraints of the FSX graphics engine - it looks very strange and flashes unnaturally etc.

Then I fully agree to keep it out.

On the other hand, it's also a fairly rare phenomenon when you add up the number of flights made by all 777's each day and take into account how many take-off's would have this happen.

Rare, but a hint on the vast power of these 777 engines... and on the humidity, in the video of KLAX.

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

I love the tone of the engines as they reduce a the thrust reduction height :biggrin:

Alaister Kay

I love the tone of the engines

Yeah, sonorous, sawing, droning...

Seems that you can hear every blade chopping the air...

Andreas Berg