Sign in to follow this  
MDK

Destination wx check

Hey folks,

what I miss is a little feature to look up / check the valid metar for my destination, prior take off and enroute.

Another neat feature would be to insert a flight plan, generated by fsbuild or anything similar to that. So one can check the winds, temp enroute, likewise for the PMDG NGX PERF initialization page within the FMC

;-)

Just some thoughts. Keep it going guys!

Maik

Yeah I kind of asked for the metar lookup a couple of weeks ago. It would be very useful.

And en route winds and temps would be useful too.

I agree though, keep it up guys. Love this program!!

Cheers

Lee

See our Flight1 forum discussion over VFR and IFR flight planners. The OpusFSX LWE just downloads the current METAR from NOAA so you could always just access the NOAA site on a laptop. We will be developing a Live Weather Assistant which may provide such facilities but we do not want to develop another flight planner when there are a plethora of planners available. If they use NOAA and GRIB then all the data will match. I would have thought that any decent planner should be capable of accessing all met data necessary for the flight planning. If this is not the case then we may end up doing our own.

I personally use the Aivlasoft EFB and it displays METAR information from NOAA .. so you can validate destination weather without issue. While an inflight lookup would be a nice feature for OPUS i think it would be overkill since there are plenty of software offerings that can do this already. I vote to stick with developing the awesomeness that is the weather engine ;-)

Regards,

Steve Brayford

Windsor, ON Canada

Delta Virtual Airlines - DVA 2299, Captain 767 Program

And en route winds and temps would be useful too

Lee

How are you able to predict your arrival time, fuel burn, descent forecast, etc without this information?

Thank you

Michael Cubine

I don't think we are looking for a flight planner per se, rather an option to import a flight plan and have opus have a screen or an option for a print out of the weather (aloft, temps etc) along our flight plan route, does not have to be fancy just functional, like all the hifi engines.here is a quick pic of what I mean. It gives all the aloft winds and temps and averages along the way. Like I said, does not have to be eye candy, just have useful info.

You should save all these ideas for when we post ideas on the Live Weather Assistant. I have absolutely no objection to providing a facility that will assist flight planning as long as we are not just developing something that is already available. But I quite like the idea.

Regards

Stephen

I have posted about this on the F1 forum, here is a screen shot of FS Flight Keeper showing weather information downloaded for a NGX flight from PHNL to KSFO. So ASE is not the only addon that provides this information.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Lee

How are you able to predict your arrival time, fuel burn, descent forecast, etc without this information?

Thank you

Michael Cubine

Hi well you either don't do it or improvise with aviation weather from the Internet. I guess you could use the local weather report feature of Opus too , close to the t/d.

Regards.

Lee