Sign in to follow this  
madbad3k

Missing FSX- Menu Bar?

Hi everyone, I'd rather hoped my 1st post wouldnt be for something as basic as 'where did my menu' bar disapear to!

I've just installed FSX-Gold edition with Accelerator pack included on to a W7 64bit system.

On opening up the game and going to free flight - the 'menu' bar at the top of the screen when selected (right click mouse) is missing. The tab contents (left to right - all x6) show up, but they are all empty - no fonts or options etc. Although the options are not visible, just very light blue drop boxes.

I have tried the various alt and keypresses advised on other sites, but it doesnt fix it. Have tried running it in full and window screen modes.

I have tried running repair option - but no luck.

I have the 10.0.61637.0 (Fsx-Xpack 20070926-1421) Version

System is

Intel i2700K

Asus P8-Z68-V ProGen3

16GB RAM

Sapphire HD5970 (with AMD 12.9 drivers)

Win7 64 Bit

Is there an easy way to fix this.

I take it i didnt need to install any other SP packs etc - i just installed from the x2 FSX DVDS, then installed the Accelerator DVD on top of this, once i had registered FSX for the 1st time. I havent downloaded or installed any other patch or mod files etc.

Is there an easy way to fix this.

In your Catalyst Control Centre, try moving your mipmap quality all the wat to the right,to high quality and see if that resolves your issue.

I've just installed FSX-Gold edition with Accelerator pack included on to a W7 64bit system.

FSX Gold includes FSX and Acceleration. You do not need FSX Gold and Acceleration. Just checking to make sure you did not install Acceleration on top of FSX Gold. If you didn't, then I have read this has happened if ones FSX settings are set too high. Of course, Dimitri has an excellent suggestion too and maybe you have not set your display drivers high enough for the product to render the Menu bar.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Have tried Dimitri's suggestion, but this doesnt make any difference :(

The 'Alt Key' just brings up the 'menu' tabs - which are still blank - empty :(

THe FSX Gold Edition includes DVDs 1+2 (Deluxe Edition) and DVD #3 is the Xcelleration -Expansion pack disk (which i installed last).

I have taken a screen grab, but i dont know how to upload it to this site ?! :(

Any suggestions?

In your Catalyst Control Centre, try moving your mipmap quality all the wat to the right,to high quality and see if that resolves your issue.

THe FSX Gold Edition includes DVDs 1+2 (Deluxe Edition) and DVD #3 is the Xcelleration -Expansion pack disk (which i installed last).

I have taken a screen grab, but i dont know how to upload it to this site ?! :(

Any suggestions?

Try again!

You could try deleting your FSX.cfg,and see if that resolves the issue.

FSX.cfg located:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Alt + Enter to go to windowed mode and then one more time to full screen to try bring back the menu. Looks like you are running out of memory.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

Alt + Enter to go to windowed mode and then one more time to full screen to try bring back the menu. Looks like you are running out of memory.

You could try deleting your FSX.cfg,and see if that resolves the issue.

FSX.cfg located:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

No Fonts. Could be a UAC thing. Try running FSX as administrator, disable UAC etc, etc.

Tried running as Administrator and turning UAC off or never inform mode = no change!

Have deleted FSX.cfg as suggested = no change

Have tried the Alt + Enter keys = No change. My PC has 16GB Ram (although appreciate that FSX can only access 3GB(?))

:mad:

Here's how one person in the Flight Sim community fixed this problem - http://www.fsx.co.za/archive/index.php?t-479.html.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's the graphics settings. DO NOT set the graphics to Performance. set it between or to quality. After searching for long time I finally found the solution. Now I have it in between, I have the font, and guess what, no significant fps decrease.

I went through a period where my normally stable installation of FSX/Accel would lose the menu bar, drop downs were also empty, and I experienced numerous CTD's.  My issue turned out to be a problem with Internet Explorer.  A repair installation of IE and stability and functionality returned to FSX.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.