Sign in to follow this  
C-TMMG

Active Sky 2012 unable flight watch service

Hi, I just purchased ACtive Sky 2012 this week; it's my first weather addon.

I read thru a portion of the manual, and see you are to use 122.00, and 122.05 as flight watch freq's.. but when i tune to them, i do not recieve any information.

I have tried it offline, and online (vatsim).

MY process is as follows:

Start AS2012

Create Flight Plan>Process It

Start FSX from the AS2012 menu

Create Flight PLan within FSX

Start flight

Connect to Vatsim (or stay offline)

Tune radios to 122.00, or 122.05

Listen for up to 5 mins.

Any help would be awesome. Thank you. So far i love this product.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial Active Sky Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi, I just purchased ACtive Sky 2012 this week; it's my first weather addon.

I read thru a portion of the manual, and see you are to use 122.00, and 122.05 as flight watch freq's.. but when i tune to them, i do not recieve any information.

I have tried it offline, and online (vatsim).

MY process is as follows:

Start AS2012

Create Flight Plan>Process It

Start FSX from the AS2012 menu

Create Flight PLan within FSX

Start flight

Connect to Vatsim (or stay offline)

Tune radios to 122.00, or 122.05

Listen for up to 5 mins.

Any help would be awesome. Thank you. So far i love this product.

Did you import the flight plan into AS?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

If I remember correctly, you really shouldn't have to import the flight plan inorder to receive wx updates on 122.00. Did you verify that the correct comm radio was turned on?? I won't go into how often I missed that one.

@ Wood hick, oh yes, i'm very sure it was tuned, as i was able to use the different freq's enroute properly. I even tried tuning 122.00 / .05 into comm 2 for kicks.. no luck :(

@ Daveo , oh yes also, i used AS to create my flight plan, then after i load FSX, i also put the flight plan into there. i dunno if i need to, but i do it.

It shouldn't make any diffenence I know, but try creating the plan in FSX and importing it into AS and your flight, both

There is an option to enable Flight Watch. I remember one of the first tabs in 'options', upper left corner. Please dig there and enable it.

122.000 (The closest station) works always (no matter the plan), 122.025 works for the destination airport if You have imported the Flight Plan.

I hope that help a bit. Good luck!

There is an option to enable Flight Watch. I remember one of the first tabs in 'options', upper left corner. Please dig there and enable it.

122.000 (The closest station) works always (no matter the plan), 122.025 works for the destination airport if You have imported the Flight Plan.

I hope that help a bit. Good luck!

Honest to God!! I had forgotten all about that setting. Hope Bart's onto something

In that case I encourage You to open a ticket at HiFi's web page. They will gladly help.

Do You have more than one sound card? AS2012 always direct the audio to the default one

It shouldn't make any diffenence I know, but try creating the plan in FSX and importing it into AS and your flight, both

That is what I always do except I use FSC for my flightplans.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

okay ill open a ticket, thanks for the suggestions. and yes, i use only one sound card, and then use a USB headset for comm's. thanks guys!

you might also want to enable the scrolling message just to see if the report is being "played". If you see it and do not hear it, then I'd suspect the sound configuration. If you don't see OR hear it - that's something else.

Worth a check.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

nope, no luck there. stil waiting on a reply to my ticket also. 5 days now and counting. do you know the average reply / repair time for a ticket?

Hi,

Your ticket is in development review queue as we are having trouble identifying the problem and are running many tests here, unfortunately without much success so far. I believe I mentioned that? Sorry for any confusion and the delay.

Our latest tests have involved observing a potential problem in the .NET audio playback process with some sound cards/drivers (as reported on the web) but we have so far been unable to duplicate on many different types of drivers/cards/headsets that we have here in the office, including some that have been noted to have issues, so I am not sure this explains it. We are continuing to research and test. I'm sorry we have not yet found a solution but we are working on it.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies