Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Will it work for me?

I know it's obvious that since the product hasn't come out yet, I can't know if this will work or not. However, since the aircraft will be much more complex, will the 777X even work on my system? I get about 18 FPS no stutters with the 737NGX

Specs:

2GB Ram (yeah... sad)

2.3ghz processor

Windows XP, because Windows 7 would use up most of that RAM and make it impossible to do anything.

I believe a 1GB Video/Graphics card too.

Like I said, it's impossible to know since it hasn't come out, but predictions are helpful.

-jeremy chesney

The 777's flight deck is WAY less cluttered than the 737's. Especially on the overhead. I get average 20-25FPS in the NGX and I use Active Sky 2012. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Ryan's said the performance will be the same if better :-) If you'd like to see what you get with my settings I'll gladly send you over my CFG. I spent a while getting them perfect for my laptop!

predictions are helpful.

If I remember correctly, PMDG came out with recommended system specs a little before they released the NGX. I wouldn't spend the money to buy a new or upgrade a system right now since the 777 isn't done yet.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The 777 has a very flat overhead.

As Luke says, the 737 [and 747] has a very cluttered flightdeck in terms of 3d objects.

I think that graphically the 777 will have less polygons = improved performance over the NGX,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The 3d model is probably not even the most important factor when it comes to framerates, at least not when its well made using proper techniques. I remember RSR saying something about the framerate of earlyish alpha version of the NGX (IIRC it was after they started releasing screenshots of the VC). He said the performance was far better than the performance of the MD-11. In the end it turned out that to perform slightly worse than the MD-11

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I know it's obvious that since the product hasn't come out yet, I can't know if this will work or not. However, since the aircraft will be much more complex, will the 777X even work on my system? I get about 18 FPS no stutters with the 737NGX

Specs:

2GB Ram (yeah... sad)

2.3ghz processor

Windows XP, because Windows 7 would use up most of that RAM and make it impossible to do anything.

I believe a 1GB Video/Graphics card too.

Like I said, it's impossible to know since it hasn't come out, but predictions are helpful.

-jeremy chesney

Jeremy, no offense buddy, but you DO know that RAM costs next to nothing now don't you?? You could probably get two 4gb sticks of RAM for $20-30 now. I bought 16gb of RAM this summer for $89 or $99 I believe

The 777's flight deck is WAY less cluttered than the 737's. Especially on the overhead. I get average 20-25FPS in the NGX and I use Active Sky 2012. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Ryan's said the performance will be the same if better :-) If you'd like to see what you get with my settings I'll gladly send you over my CFG. I spent a while getting them perfect for my laptop!

Good point. I never thought about that.

Yes, I am looking into the purchase of more RAM, as I found 4GB for only $30 for my system.

Thanks for the help everyone!