Sign in to follow this  
PMDG777Pilot109

How much?!

Boy, why don't some you guys just turn over your wallets to them. Telling a company that $100 is well worth it their product. Tell Exxon that $7 is well worth a gallon of gas - an it'll be $7. Hey - I'm a millionaire - I'll can afford $10,000 for a toy without blinking an eye - Should I tell them I'll accept $10000 for the 777? Come on!

Paul Gugliotta

Boy, why don't some you guys just turn over your wallets to them. Telling a company that $100 is well worth it their product. Tell Exxon that $7 is well worth a gallon of gas - an it'll be $7. Hey - I'm a millionaire - I'll can afford $10,000 for a toy without blinking an eye - Should I tell them I'll accept $10000 for the 777? Come on!

If only a market would behave like that. I have full confidence that PMDG will price their product correctly. Why worry about something you have no control over (well some may argue that you do)? Also remember that there has been ~30 posts in this topic, and you can probably cut nearly half due to several posts coming from the same people, so after that, you really realize that even if 15 people said "I like this price...", a successful company will not price their product on basis of 15 people, unless they only sold say 20 copies. Although PMDG values you as a customer, they are most likely concerned with the big picture audience (including the several people... that don't join the forums).

On a side note:

Its quite funny to watch you guys do some crazy math/logic to figure out the price and then break out into a fuel systems conversation, nothing against anyone, just humor.

Gday

Some of you seem to think that PMDG will be influenced by this thread, I highly doubt that , they will price it on a business model, not by the forum threads., and you got to remember that they have been in business a long time, and i hope they stay in business a long time.

And i can assure you there is only one of me

Jeff

Well, you know what they say about big feet

Big shoes? :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Big shoes?

Better than what I came up with.

Its quite funny to watch you guys do some crazy math/logic to figure out the price and then break out into a fuel systems conversation, nothing against anyone, just humor.

Gotta love the AVSIM forums.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

You guys clearly are unfamiliar with the PMDG cost equation. The reasons for model pricing difference are all there, and it's hidden in plain sight. Similar to the lift equation (½µV^2SCL), the PMDG cost equation is as follows;

¾THDD all over MMD

In this equation let:

TH = Tire Height in inches

DD = Development Duration (in months, and between models [estimated])

MMD is equal to Manufacturer Model Designation (Seven for the 777, four for the 747, three for the 737, etc.)

Plug in the math, and the 77X price is as follows:

¾(49)(14) all over 7, which comes to $73.5

Obviously.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

I think $1 is farr too much for something I am going to spend ever waking hour on..

I tell you what, if it's more that $1 I will be very very angry, and I will write pmdg a letter saying how angry I am.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Some of you seem to think that PMDG will be influenced by this thread, I highly doubt that , they will price it on a business model, not by the forum threads.

Right, senseless guestimates, sorry folks. Be patient and have fun!

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Wow you guys must be really bored trying to guess what the cost is gonna be. :rolleyes: The cost won't matter either way cause your gonna buy it anyway

If you don't your buddies will be teasing you. (We Got McDonalds! PMDG 777) Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah!, Nyah Nyah! :diablo:

:) :) I got an Eddie Murphy moment there, sure did :) 50-100-200, I dont care, we're all gonna buy it for sure

23.png

Wow you guys must be really bored trying to guess what the cost is gonna be. :rolleyes: The cost won't matter either way cause your gonna buy it anyway

To be honest, I think we've all ran out of logical things to talk about on this forum :LMAO: :P

haha so true could be $150 and we would all buy it - but I DONT think that much !!

Just put away $10 per week for it, and you will have more then enough!! B)

I got an Eddie Murphy moment there

:db: I was wondering if anyone was gonna figure out where the McDonalds thing came from. Yeah it was on Eddie Murphy Raw. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Eddie on McDonalds. LOL!