Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

User Poll - Your Flight Sim of Choice!

Flight Simulator Poll  

909 members have voted

1. 1. Which Flight Simulator do you predominantly use?

• MS FS9 and earlier
    • MFS FSX
    • Laminar's X-Plane (all versions)
    • Lockheed's P3D
    • MS FLIGHT
    • FlightGear
    • AeroFly FS
    • Other

We have reached a point where we need to ask one simple question; what is your sim of choice? When you want to go virtually flying, which of the available sims do you jump into and fire up? The last poll we did on this was included in the demographic for 2012, but that was posted a while ago, and a lot has happened. So, today, which flight simulator is your go to product?

This post has been promoted to an article

Tom, I'm not sure FS9 should be grouped with FS8 and all others before this one. Anyway, here's my vote for FS9.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

FSX DX10 A new convert. FS9 for many years and never thought I'd make the move.Mike P

I use both FS9 and FSX on about an equal basis, but this survey doesn't really allow for that answer.

It often depends on what type of flying I'm planning, more often FSX for GA Aircraft, and FS9 for the big jets.

Warren

The poll should allow an option for people using more than one simulator.

Which flight simulator do you PREDOMINANTLY use?

Even if you flew 6 simulators, which one do you fly the most?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Tom, I'm not sure FS9 should be grouped with FS8 and all others before this one. Anyway, here's my vote for FS9.

I thought the same thing the first time I read the Poll description. FS9 was a major leap, you know those moving clouds. I would expect "FS8 and earlier" as a whole.

I voted for FS9 without "earlier"

Well, early results would seem to indicate that FSX (and probably FS9) are not going anywhere in a hurry. I don't see any mass exodus to X-Plane, or even P3D.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I currently have 6 sims installed on my PC... FSX, FS9, P3D, XP10, Aerofly FS, and MS FLIGHT of those I consider FSX the primary one, FS9 is there for any old stuff I still want to fly, P3D because I wanted to try my FSX addons in it, although I don't use it that much, I just bought XP10 2 weeks ago, mainly as there was an offer on it, plus I wanted to try Jrollon's CRJ 200 (which is very good btw!), It has some good points, but is also still a bit rough around the edges, and the lack of decent addons means it wont replace FSX as the king of (my) sims just yet! Aerofly FS is pretty interesting and I bought it because I thought they might expand it further, so far they haven't although its just been released on Steam so maybe that will be the Catalyst for that, and MS Flight, I was on the Beta and just updated it from there, it was fun to fly around in, but on the whole I was disappointed by the lack of sim stuff (atc, AI, the world!, etc), and the addons were pretty expensive for what they were... but thought it had potential, that was never realised. Shame really.

FSX since it came out. It keeps getting better.

One in four still using FS9 predominantly - my o my ! Aren't the developers losing out by ignoring it !! ??

Qualitywings looks to be very close with there calculation of 75% sales are FSX. Specially adding FSX and P3D together.

One in four still using FS9 predominantly - my o my ! Aren't the developers losing out by ignoring it !! ??

Let's say you only get 300 (at 30 bucks a pop to equal $9,000) sales on your product. From there you spend a significant amount of time re-exporting the model so it works properly in the other sim. You tell me if the time and cost of 75 ($2,500) sales is worth it. Don't forget you still have to pay everyone on your team for their part. Oh, and taxes.

Most developers already answered this question.

A lot of people seem to think it's really easy to make an addon that works for both sims.

- Cody Bergland

(Owner, Jaggyroad Films)

Our YouTube Channel (featuring over 100 OFFICIAL product videos):

https://www.youtube.com/user/valkyrie321 <- CLICK HERE

JaggyroadSig.jpg

Since taking up glider training, I have been flying only on Condor and Aerofly FS.