Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

Team VCR

New 3rd Party on zone, your name "Virtual Reality Combat" team , with two projects:

-A fixed wing.

-A helo.

The team reserved the name of the projects, awaiting to ED confirmation. The press released:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1584393&postcount=1

It has been just over a week when I posted on the forums here asking if anyone would be interested in forming a Dev Team to build and release aircraft for DCSW.

I was sure that there would be a lot of interest and little action. The Good news is that I was wrong!

Team VRC

We are now 10 members strong and many others inquiring about us. We have filled the major roles with very capable and very talented folks. We have our own shared development environment and are in constant communication.

The name chosen for our team is Virtual Reality Combat (VRC).

VRC Vision

To design and build high quality products for the DCS World. Also to support community members through mentoring, development guidance, and educating new developers on DCS Mod development.

VRC Mission

Provide high quality aircraft and ground vehicles to the DCS Community that fulfills the following guidelines.

Highly detailed models and cockpits

Advance Flight Modeling

Multi-National liveries true to historical records

Real World systems operation reflecting the original vehicle

Ordnance load outs are representative of each Nations unique mission requirements

6DOF cockpit “fully clickable at final release”

High fidelity sounds and effects

VRC Planned Releases

We have designed two parallel tracks for our releases.

1. Fixed Wing Track

2. Helicopter Track

Fixed Wing Track

Our project lead Modeler is busy migrating a model that we acquired and is in the process of finalizing the animations, Texture correction, and lighting attachments. He has provided no less than 15 screens of your bird in game and she is under AI control. He has to fix a lot of anomalies and tweak it to his standards which are very high. You will not be disappointed in this level of detail.

-- I choose to not disclose any specifics on our air frame choice to prevent someone else trumping us when we apply for our license. --

Helicopter Track

Your new helicopter is being created from scratch by our second lead Modeler and is in the process of scrutinizing 3view drawings. This bird will fit in with existing choppers in DCS and will be fun to fly.

It is a single seat air frame that does have a copilot seat but very rarely utilized. So we are making it single only to speed up development time. Later on we plan to update her to take advantage of the second seat as a gunner role. It is a muli-mission bird but does not have the legs or payload to fight very long.

-- Once again I choose to keep our efforts nonpublic at this time for the same reasons. --

Summary

Both of these projects are for the DCS Community and we hope to prove that development is not just for the big boys.

The only tentative date that I can give you all is Mid December time frame. We plan to have our proof of concept flights done in support of obtaining our license and getting our forum topic in the Developer area of the ED Forums.

Stay Tuned.

Some Q&A

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1584422&postcount=5

Will this be a free module or paid?

The first modules will be free and under constant development until we get it right. Lessons learned.

However we do have the option to go paid modules but we feel the team needs to get internal process and procedures down before we can develop to the quality you expect in a paid module.

What is that date for? public beta or your own subsection on the forums and like a video and more info?

This date is for our team to bring everything together so we can show ED that we have the skill and business case to bring us on as developers. Once we have a signed development contract our first bird should be ready for beta.

Cockpit will continue to be updated and clickable as the beta proceeds. Till we get to that it is all speculation.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1601386&postcount=6

Team VRC maintains the vision to create a fast mover add-on with high quality graphics, high fidelity FM and fully clickable cockpit and systems. Our choice for our first project was not a market focused one. It was a test bed for us to get up to speed on our development process. And give a chance to mature as a team before we take on something like the Aardvark, Phantom or Tornado which are all awesome aircraft.

We have begun building our project based on our design concepts and now have a player flyable aircraft with ordinance and an external model that is just looking great. We are now working on the cockpit and hitting wall after wall especially after 1.22 due to lack of documentation. Let us figure out the cockpit args and we will publish our findings.

Our progress toward getting development status is a revolving door. We need a cockpit in our aircraft for the proof of concept but we do not have enough documentation to get there. Not to worry we are a tenuous group.

We plan to release our Fast Mover and our Helo for free to hopefully to entice some new players over to DCSW with more free offerings then just the SU-25 to check out before they buy.

It will not be till next year before we really start developing an aircraft that we are passionate about as team. Just one of the many milestones that we have to pass on our way to becoming a respected development shop.

So to help you understand, the working going on behind the scenes is not sexy, it is allot of hard work and set back after set back.

In conclusion, I agree with you on everyone of your points

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1585166&postcount=28

Originally Posted by CTR viewpost.gif

The title of the thread is "Community Development Team Announcement", what part can the community play? Is the team closed, is the source open? Its there an public team site?

1. The community can participate in our efforts to release aircraft as the need arises. Right now the need is focused on modeling and FM development.

2. The team is invite only and the criteria is not set in stone. If you have a skill set that we are in need of you will surely be invited. Just contact me anytime.

3. The site we are using is not open as of yet. We are in the process of acquiring out 3rd Party Dev status with the producers and ED. Till then our site is secret on Facebook. Once we find out what we can say based on the NDA we will gladly open the site up. We hope to obtain our forum project thread in the Dev section soon and that will be were most of the communication come from.

The first two projects are going to be free to you all. We are in the learning as we go phase but we are capturing lessons learned. Those will be made available to the Community.

I hope I answered your questions

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1585207&postcount=29

The current team VRC Roster:

Name -- VRC Role CptSmiley -- Flight Dynamics / Integrator Gecko6 -- Product / Release Manager Ich666 -- Lead Modeler Joey45 -- Texture Artist / Tester Lovac -- Coder / Tester Raptor -- Coder / Tester Spiderpig -- Mod Packaging / Research /Tester Simast -- Coder / Tester Skate Zila -- Lead Modeler / Integrator

Some members have not consented to releasing their affiliations at this time.

We are also in the process of designing a VRC logo to identify team members.

Disclaimer: Team members are participating on their own accord and are not paid. So harassment will not be tolerated nor will it be acknowledged.

Everyone here at VRC is doing this because we want to support the Community on our own time and when our family, jobs, daily life allows us the do so.

Respect is key!