Hi,

I am new to the forum and just getting back into FSX and its capabilities. I just recently built a new pc to handle FSX and I also purchased the following, PMDG 737ngx, Saitek Pro Flight yoke w/throttle quadrant and I have the Saitek Switch Panel. I have noticed that the a lot of the buttons on the switch panel and throttle quandrant don't seem to work with my PMDG. Through some searching online I found people recommending that you get SPAD. My first question is does SPAD need FSUIPC to work? I would like to figure this out on my old pc before I begin installing stuff on my new pc. I would appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks, Pete

I tried this already, I had SPAD and FSUIPC running and still found I couldnt get the Saitek switch panels to work properly with the 737NGX at all...

You dont need FSUIPC to run SPAD... SPAD is just somebody elses Saitek drivers.

The only thing SPAD did for me was to even out the radio frequency dial. It didnt make anything else better for me, in fact it introduced a lot of extra stuff that I really didnt seem to need.

The panels themselves, I found the switch panel and the auto-pilot panel didnt work with the 737NGX :-(

Big shame... Unless I was and/or am missing a trick here?

I tried this already, I had SPAD and FSUIPC running and still found I couldnt get the Saitek switch panels to work properly with the 737NGX at all...

You dont need FSUIPC to run SPAD... SPAD is just somebody elses Saitek drivers.

The only thing SPAD did for me was to even out the radio frequency dial. It didnt make anything else better for me, in fact it introduced a lot of extra stuff that I really didnt seem to need.

The panels themselves, I found the switch panel and the auto-pilot panel didnt work with the 737NGX :-(

Big shame... Unless I was and/or am missing a trick here?

Thanks for the reply RCITGuy. I did some playing around with it last night on my old pc. Just a quick install of FSUIPC (unregistered) and SPAD. My panel seemed to work ok. The response time was a little slow. and all but one button worked. Still don't know if I really need FSUIPC or not. I am looking to do 3 monitors across w/ (matrox triplehead2go) for my cockpit windows. then I was thinking of two down by the yoke for panels. Not to sure which is the best way to do this. I believe it can be done just using FSX and two graphics cards and one pc. But I have no problem setting up another pc with fsuipc to drive the two lower monitors. Thanks for the response again.

Cheers, Pete

I do that too, I use ATI Eyefinity across 3 x 24" Dell U2410's...

Based on my own experiences in how the saitek panels drain the PC resources, I'd say go with the second PC to drive the other screens..

I installed 6 of those little F.I/P screens and on my system, they just keep crashing out / going weird on me when trying to run everything together, all the entire Saitek pro flight range...

I think I'll avoid SPAD this time around, as my radio idents really are not that bad, so the less software I can use for "programming hardware" the better..

Hi,

I am new to the forum and just getting back into FSX and its capabilities. I just recently built a new pc to handle FSX and I also purchased the following, PMDG 737ngx, Saitek Pro Flight yoke w/throttle quadrant and I have the Saitek Switch Panel. I have noticed that the a lot of the buttons on the switch panel and throttle quandrant don't seem to work with my PMDG. Through some searching online I found people recommending that you get SPAD. My first question is does SPAD need FSUIPC to work? I would like to figure this out on my old pc before I begin installing stuff on my new pc. I would appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks, Pete

Hi Guys,

SPAD definitely does require FSUIPC and is working perfectly for me in the NGX, it might just be a config problem you have.

I never installed the Saitek drivers, as I tried SPAD first. Also the SPAD forums recommend uninstalling the Saitek drivers.

Make sure you select the "NGX Special Mode" and create a profile. Also tick the option that will auto-prompt you to pick a profile each time you load a new plane/livery.

I use multipanel for autopilot, 2 radio/xpdr/dme panels with it.

When you go into setup for the multi panel, you can choose what to have for short click long click on the autopilot panel.

for example I have it setup like this:

SPADNGX.jpg

Really SPAD is one of the best freewares out there, it has allowed me write and connect scripts to control almost all of my whole virtual hangar with my Saitek stuff.

Without SPAD, Saitek is mostly only good for default aircraft.. and not many people fly default aircraft anymore

Crickey mate... When I installed SPAD a few months ago, it didnt look anything like that...

Might have to give it another whirl, I assume thats the latest one...

I do and did have my own registered FSUIPC installed at the time too..

Might have to checkout the latest SPAD then, because the auto-pilot, landing gear & lights were a big pain in the rear not being able to use my Multi-panels with the NGX..

DanW,

Thanks for the help now I have to go do some research on setting up multiple displays.

R/ Pete

I have also found the use of lua scripts to help in using my saitek equipment. I too have the multi panel, radio and auto pilot controls on my desk. Without the lua scripts it was a pain. Be prepared to be patient. Get one or two things going like you like. Then move to the next one. If you get stuck the avsim forum is the best place to find help. Pete will help you but I was unaware of a dispute he has with saitek until after I had sunk a chunk of change in the gear. Too late and to my own resolve I find most of my needed info right here. Hope this helps and good luck. PM me if you should need any help. I fly for a living and want my sim as close to real as it can get. It helps feed the need and the fuel is all out cheaper. Lol... I am still experimenting with my gear to find solutions. Good luck my friend and keep the shiny side up.