Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

B200 Dual Rxp GNS 530 & Rxp Wx500 retrofit

Guest Mik75

Hi! I am on DX9, and FSX is in a custom folder...

I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED AND NEED HELP!!!

I recently purchased the B200 program and am having a problem updating the GPSs. I first just installed the RXP530.exe program contained in the Carenado folder. It seemed to go fine, but it resulted in only the two Garmin GNS 530s displayed plus the Avidyne GPS. I did load a flight plan from my FSX files, and it copied into all three GPSs, but I still wanted to update these GPSs. Then I read above where you needed the RXP Unlimited Pack, or something like that, installed first. I really didn't understand what or where this was, so I searched it and ended up at the Reality XP website and ended up buying the GNS 430XP/530XP WAAS program. I installed this along with the training program, and used the Reality XP GNS WAAS config FSX setup. I've tried both the 530 and 430 set up and afterwards the tool tip says the panel is installed although there is no XP displayed before the B200. I did delete the panel which was installed in the B200 panel.cfg and the panel.cfg folder shows and the Reality XP GNS file 430 shows both the Panel.cfg.rxp and the rxpstack.ini files. It did the same when I set the settings to the 530. When I open the aircraft, the panel displays the old panel. Personally, I would be happy to have just the one RXP530 or 430 XP GPS. Two would be a bonus. The Avidyne can disappear with no problem.

So, if anyone can get me back on course, I would sure appreciate it. I realize I may have to go to RXP support, but since this is sort of related to this thread, I thought I would try here first. Thanks in advance, Mike Nicholson

OK - first of all, what exactly did you buy?

The 430 is a half height GPS, the 530 is a full height GPS.

The Unlimited pack is an expansion pack, that requires you to buy a 530

or 430 first..

For the B200 panel, the 530 would be the right size.

I'm sure we can help you through this - once the details are known..

Bert

Hi Bert,

I purchased the Reality XP Garmin GNS 530 WAAS because of the full height GPS. I don't want to screw this up anymore than I have, so I will just fly some approachs until I hear back. Sure appreciate your help, Mike

Hi Bert,

I purchased the Reality XP Garmin GNS 530 WAAS because of the full height GPS. I don't want to screw this up anymore than I have, so I will just fly some approachs until I hear back. Sure appreciate your help, Mike

Hey Mike, we can do this!

OK, so you have got the GNS530, good!

Does it show up in the VC, in the left position, after running RXP530.exe?

And what are you having trouble with (re hearing back..)?

Bert

I'm back Bert,

OK, I think we made some progress. I reinstalled the RXP GNS-530WAAS.exe and I now have it displaying in the left position. It is not the full height GPS but it does have the XP in the top right corner. The RXP set up when you select it to go to the Carenado B200 also now displays the XP in front of the Carenado B200. No change to the right position. Would you please advise me as to my next step? Mike

Hi Mike,

Can you attach a screenshot? Not sure what you mean by "not the full height"..

Also, what exactly are you looking to accomplish?

Carenado only supports replacing the left unit.. if you want the right unit replaced,

you have to start doing things by hand and, without the Unlimited pack, you

will have two identical 530s, that are mirror images of one another, not truly separate

units. So, maybe just replacing the left unit is the better option (for now..)

See below for screenshot..

Bert

...and as a comparison, this is what it looks like if you have the Unlimited pack, in addition to the GNS530.

Bert

Hi Bert,

I am embarrassed to bother you so much, but I think ( not quite ready to promise) I am nearing the end. This all started when trying to install the XP update which was in the Carenado folder. I did not get it to go. Then I read about installing the unlimited pack first but could not find it. I went to the RealityXP site and downloaded their GNS 430XP/530XP WAAS thinking that was the Unlimited Pack. I have installed it and it appears on the left. This was allegedly a full stack set up which they described as a full-featured radio and navigation stack. Actually, it appears to primarily be a radio audio panal and transponder. This does not appear now; however, I like the transponder and ADF instrumentation on the B200 just fine. So now, it looks like the best option is for me to get the 530 XP installed into the right hand GPS and getting this unlimited pack is the easiest way to do it. If so, where can I download it? If this is the proper course, will it lead me through the installation or will I still need to do further manual cfg and ini changes? Also, do I have to first delete the XP before installing the Unlimited Pack and then reinstall it? Take care, Mike

Hi Mike,

No trouble at all - but lets just slow down a bit... the Unlimited pack is a $100 purchase and

only provides the "icing on the cake" so to speak. It is in addition to the GNS530.

The GNS530 in the left position is actually a really good place to start.

The transponder and audio panel are optional items that you can use for other airplanes,

so do not worry too much about them now.

Could you provide a screenshot of your current panel, and can you tell me what it is

that you are not happy with as it sits now?

Bert

Bert,

Please stand down. I have it all working fine now and are playing with some ini changes. I need to fly a half dozen cross countries and shake it out. You know, when I started flying you still used the A & N radio courses. Time sure has changed. Appreciate all the help, Mike

Hello Bert,

I thought I was home free. I have the RXP GNS-530 in the top left; however, when I load my flight plan, it only loads into the top right and bottom GPS'. I did not get the Unlimited Pack as I almost fell out of my seat when I saw it was $100. If you can give me a couple more hints as to get this into the primary GPS, it would be appreciated. Mike

Hi Mike,

Here is the thing... you cannot load an FSX flight plan into the RXP GNS.

Just like the real unit, you have to enter it by hand.. The Unlimited pack does not change this.

You can, however, store the entered flightplan in the GNS.

Also, if you set LinkGPS=On in the ini file, the GNS will share it's flight plan

with the other units.

Have you tried an RNAV approach with the GNS? It will take you in for an LPV landing

if the approach supports it..

Bert