Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Runway or airport Misalignment in P3D

Well that is the preferable method for sure but to get buy all the sceneries , you would have to have endless money flow. something I dont have. Sure its nice to land at a graphically pleasing airport, but having runways lining up and the ILS locking on is alot more important. Further you cant buy the thousands upon thousands of airports in FSX/ P3D scenery. So this will have to be addressed somehow in the months to come.

But thanks to both of you for checking on your end. At least I know its not me. lol

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Truly there are many good freeware airport AFCAD updates. All I am really concerned with is the RWYs, heading and ILS freq. Beyond the obvious KIAD and KSEA, it was once asked for a comprehensive list of airports updated in the RW since FSX release. I have yet to see one. Im sure it's in the 100's.

Hightowers, Is your aircraft following the magenta line adjacent to it for the whole flight? I have the MD-11 also and I had a problem in FSX with the plane following the flight plan in nav mode but running outside the magenta course and then this caused the plane to line up wrong for the ils app. In FSX, the Flight one reg tool fixed the problem, but since moving to P3D the problem has resurfaced and the Flt 1 tool will not work. I am using the migrator tool and do not have FSX on the drive. It seems like the same problem but the only solution for FSX does not work in P3D. I am hesitant to update any files for fear of getting in deepeer on this problem. Would like to hear back from you on your progress. Skip

Also I forgot to add that I am using Anchorage X from Aerosoft for a destination and data from there should be current I hope. Skip

Hightowers, Is your aircraft following the magenta line adjacent to it for the whole flight? I have the MD-11 also and I had a problem in FSX with the plane following the flight plan in nav mode but running outside the magenta course and then this caused the plane to line up wrong for the ils app. In FSX, the Flight one reg tool fixed the problem, but since moving to P3D the problem has resurfaced and the Flt 1 tool will not work. I am using the migrator tool and do not have FSX on the drive. It seems like the same problem but the only solution for FSX does not work in P3D. I am hesitant to update any files for fear of getting in deepeer on this problem. Would like to hear back from you on your progress. Skip

Also I forgot to add that I am using Anchorage X from Aerosoft for a destination and data from there should be current I hope. Skip

There seems to be an overall alignment issue in P3D. Yes my MD11 follows the path in NAV mode relatively well. By relatively I mean parallel to it but it is off course. If i zoom out it looks dead on. If I zoom in its about 3-5 miles parallel .

I have an add on scenery and even the ILS doesnt line up. So something is amiss. That said, I still havnt gone back to FSX. Having a full flight without a CTD is keeping me in P3D. Hopefully LM sorts this out, because for a commercial training product, it should be precise.

CYVR LSZH 

I just flew into KIAD using AirHauler. Lined up GPS WAAS apr rwy 01L. Landed in a pasture with a bunch of cows and cow _____. :)

I promptly downloaded an updated KIAD airport AFCAD! May be worth a try. the default FSX KIAD has no 01L or 19R though your modern nav device does. I havnt looked at P3D but assume its the same.

Yes. 01L and 19R are the new WESTERLY runways at Dulles.

The old physical 01L and 19R runways are now named 01C and 19C.

If you did not have updated Scenery for FSX (or P3D), then landing on 01L you put you in the fields to the West of the airport !!

Runways:

ID Hdg ILS

-------FSX--------

Rwy 12 121 109.30

Rwy 30 301

Rwy 01R 011 110.10

Rwy 19L 191 110.10

Rwy 01L 011 110.30

Rwy 19R 191 110.30

------Current Real World -----

--- ( or FSX with new runway addon) ----

Rwy 12 121 109.30

Rwy 30 301

Rwy 01R 011 110.10

Rwy 19L 191 110.10

Rwy 01C 011 111.30 Real World (was 01L)

Rwy 19C 191 111.30 Real World (was 19R)

Rwy 01L 011 110.75 Real World (NEW Runway)

Rwy 19R 191 110.75 Real World (NEW Runway)

I saw a post in another thread that said to go into Program Data and delete scenery and facilities indexes from the Microsoft/ FSX section and then run the FLT1 tool running as admin. but that was a deadend also. I still have the parallel tracking of the magenta and then the subsequent ILS problem. Still searching. Using PANC from Aerosoft for my ILS landings. Skip

I still have not resolved the problem of misalignment of the PMDG MD-11 in the nav mode and also ILS alignment. The plane is tracking just outside the designated course for the entire flight and thus the ILS alignment for landing. I have reinstalled P3D and the MD-11 only to have the misalignment go from the right side to the left side and have tried to apply the Flight 1 Registry fix that always worked in FSX but it will not work in P3D.

I even reinstalled FSX and the MD-11 and it works great, but P3D and the MD-11 is a no go. Any help would be appreciated. Skip Ciman

I still have not resolved the problem of misalignment of the PMDG MD-11 in the nav mode and also ILS alignment. The plane is tracking just outside the designated course for the entire flight and thus the ILS alignment for landing. I have reinstalled P3D and the MD-11 only to have the misalignment go from the right side to the left side and have tried to apply the Flight 1 Registry fix that always worked in FSX but it will not work in P3D.

I even reinstalled FSX and the MD-11 and it works great, but P3D and the MD-11 is a no go. Any help would be appreciated. Skip Ciman

Ive been struggling to find a solution too. its very hit and miss. Some sceneries are bang on, some are not. And its the whole airport not just the runway. Ive just resolved to the fact to expect an ILS approach that I may have to hand fly. Good to brush up on the hand flying skills anyhow. Hopefully LM gets this resolved as its not a very professional training tool in that respect.

CYVR LSZH 

Ran the PMDG MD-11 in legacy mode and had no mis alignment problems from start to touchdown. This is in Prepar3D and using the Estonia tool. Skip