Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Terrible Noise

Topic should be Terrible Noise of course :pardon:

Hello all !

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I can try, no !!

I changed the FSX Sound setup,

moving "Sound" to an external device, so Engine Cockpit Environment will run externally.

"Voice" goes to Internal PCI card which will handle Communication through Headset.

Launching FSX I'm at the GA Cold & Dark & I get this terrible ambit noise, as if I'm in Wind Tunnel, or 2 huge Multi Engine Birds full throttle are next to me, starting my Engine & I can barely hear it ...

Any idea how to get read of this annoying noise

Thanks

Yair

Does it happen all the time? COULD be that there IS an a/c nearby starting up. Go to spot view and see if there is any AI traffic around you moving or starting.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

In addition to the two very good suggestions above, also, go into the sound settings and silence each one individually..you can then see what it is making the noise..I have had this same issue. It was a 3pd planes cockpit ambient noises (reinstalled)

is your external device using optical?

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

an update:

• Pressed Q twice, but nothing ,other than that I learned that you can use the Q button to mute :)
  • My Plasma is connected via DVI which carry both voice & video signals, I moved the sound & the Voice to the headset (PCI Card), & I get the same noise
  • I moved all slider to the left, didn't change a thing.
  • I move Engine all the way to the left, the noise is almost gone, It's not completely silence, so somehow it's associate with the Engine.
  • No Connected to Pilot Edge real ATC so no AI. & Ultimate traffic is disabled

When I turn the Engine on the noise slightly fades, when I turn the Engine off the noise increases, just terrible .......

Right now Flying is no fun at all :( ...

So you've put it back how it was before you started and it still makes the noise? I can't help thinking this is an HDMI audio issue..what happens if you knock the output sample level on the HDMI audio device from 48khz to 44.1? Of reverse if that's the case..have you trashed your FSX,cfg file also? It might have conflicting entries in it now you've been fiddling

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

TV (I notice that ii's using NVIDIA Chip) is 2 Channel Bit 44100 (CD Quality)

C-Media (PCI Card) 2 Channel Bit 44100 (CD Quality)

(Needles to say that outside the FSX I have no issue with sound it works perfect)

I rebuild my FSX.Cfg.

Launched FSX amd the Background noise is there it's horrible .. It like I have a 747 jet engine running next to me .. it's unbearable .. flying is impossible, & have no idea what to do ...

Yair :(

I'm assuming this is with ALL a/c so it's something in the MAIN sound folder. What I would do is copy the entire sound folder to a different folder and delete all files in the folder. Start FSX - if it's gone, it's ONE of the files in the sound folder - replace half the files - test again - keep that up until you locate the sound file causing the issue.

If the sound is NOT gone - replace all the sound files and repeat the exercise with all the files in the gauges folder until you isolate the gauge file.

Also, before you do any of that, check the sound and gauge files in your DEFAULT flight folder.

Trial and error but make sure to back up any file before you delete it.

Good luck,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hey Vic !

things are getting complicated here, ha ... lol

..okay I removed all files from the Sound Folder .... no results .. same noise

Now. I go to the Gauges folder, & I do not see any *.wav files, I got all the *.gua & *.cab, *.dll, *.xlm, so what should I remove here ???

Did you check the sound folder for the aircraft in your default flight?

I'd also copy your fsx.cfg file and delete it. Let fsx rebuild without any of the gauges.

Probably the easiest way to proceed is to remove ALL the files - then add back half of them, etc.

You might get some load errors

I know it's a PITA but we're trying to eliminate any software issues.

Hopefully it is not a hardware issue. You did try unplugging and reseating your card jack connections right?

,,, sorry for the headache

I tried the trick with the fsx.cfg. No good

I went to UT2 & renamed the folder. No good

I do not know if I should remove any files from my Gauges folder, didn't see any*.wav files in there ??

sound folder for the aircraft in my default flight, what does it means, the problem is with all Aircraft's, where should I look for it ??

Was thinking that your default flight loads an a/c and there is usually a sound folder in the SimObjects\Airplanes\<your default> folder that loads at startup. Just a wild shot.

As to the gauges folder - as long as you copy the files to a safe location, nothing will be harmed by deleting all the gauge and cab files. IIRC some gauge files can link to other files which might cause the issue. We're just trying to get a load that doesn't have the noise - do not try to fly or mess with the panels etc as they might not have loaded properly with the missing gauge files.

We're sort of going hit or miss here and trying to get lucky with a process of elimination.

Just to clarify - when you load FSX - do you go right into your default flight at an airport or do you go to the free Flight setup screen?

Also, in settings - I've forgotten exactly what it's called but there's a option to play music at startup - toggle that on and off and see if that changes anything.

Vic

...First step toward haven ...... :rolleyes:

u did it

I moved the Gauged Folder into Temp Folder & the noise is gone ... so we know it's something with the gauges ... what do we do next ??? -_-

OMG .... back to earth ..

For a moment it was okay, (how sweet) ... then I switch to another A/C and, wallah, the noise is back, I swap to the default and the noise is there, I restarted FSX & yes, it's there .... crazy

and this is with nothing in the gauge folder. Try pulling all the sound files out again still leaving the gauge empty and see if the pattern repeats. Really strange. There is the possibility it's in a sound file in an aircraft folder.

Have you checked the device manager to see if everything is ok with your sound setup?