Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

So what's happening with the Aerosoft's new simulator

I thought I would post this question here on the FSX Avsim fourm. I haven't heard anything in a long time about this simulator. I've looked on their fourms and haven't even seen a place to ask about this. I remember there was a huge section on this topic a while ago that had archives but that's either not there or I just missed it.

So as of today Oct 23 2012 AD do we know anything on this sim or did it fail before it was even built? I've heard they were looking for a viable engine to we are now looking to X-Plane 10 instead of the new sim. I am an Avid FSX users but I am tired of all the CTD and problems with FSX. I Haven't gotten X-plane 10 yet only because I am more of a systems model guy and not so much of a flight model guy. I just bought Aerofly FS on steam and I like it but its still a simple flying sim and MS Flight Well... I've hung up my coconut bra a while ago. I love FSX it's like an old girlfriend that you hate but can't leave for some reason ie (add ons). I thought I would get the Prepar3d bug and I when and bought it however its not everything I need yet because on the addons that I require such as Reality XP and Flight 1 programs like EZCA.

So what's the deal with Aerosoft???

Hopefully an insider will reply. I recall seeing something recently where they said that they were concentrating on xp10 as well as fsx. Can u imagine how complex and expensive it would be to replace both fsx and xplane? With the systems fidelity we all want?

I think they are focusing on contributing to XP10, but it would be good to hear something official.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I could be totally wrong here, but I believe I've read that Aerosoft quit the work on it when XPlane 10 and Flight were on their way, since bth seemed to be very promising products, and Aerosoft publish the boxed version of XPlane. Considering what the development of a new flight sim from scratch would cost, that seems quite likely to me, but again, I'm not sure about it.

Regards,

Flo

My personal impression was that Aerosoft got very quiet on that new sim after MS announced Flight. My interpretation at the time was that they didn't want to shoulder the financial risk that comes with the massive development cost of an entirely new sim engine, while the market outlook was uncertain. After all MS refused to rule out giving us the sim we all want, all-tough they never confirmed it either.

All that is my own speculation though, and I have no official word to back any of it up.

Edit: What Flo said. Posted at the same~ish time :)

Why would they take the risk of throwing years and millions into such a project, in a market as picky and fickle as this one (remember the nasty reaction to all their hard work on their Airbus at right around that time) when xplane was sitting right there, already built and really only needing some serious polishing and support by the type of product that Aerosoft was already comfortable and experienced in providing?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If someone were to create a new sim the community would have to accept low fidelity in the beginning with modular upgrades increasing the complexity over time. It is just too expensive to create a complete flight sim from scratch these days. Too bad Microsoft couldn't include developers like Aerosoft and ORBX to make FS11.

The best road ahead would be to build upon the Outerra engine with an intergrated addon store and automatic upgrade system. To expand the customer base usability and playability needs to be top notch.

X-Plane and FSX/P3D is not part of my future and I spend 90% less on addons now than three-four years ago.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I think I read a while ago they are concentrating on XP10 as the new simulator so they put this idea of Aerosoft simulator on hold/cancelled. They probably realized how hard it is to produce something that would be much better than FSX or XP10... from scratch.

XP the future? If they think so they should sell us:

Seasons add on

Landmark add on

Generic airport buildings add on

Good autogen add on

AI traffic add on

Working ATC add on

After that we just have to buy some good aircraft and scenery to make it work.

Anybody in for 1000€?

XP the future? If they think so they should sell us:

Seasons add on

Landmark add on

Generic airport buildings add on

Good autogen add on

AI traffic add on

Working ATC add on

After that we just have to buy some good aircraft and scenery to make it work.

Anybody in for 1000€?

In 95% of world areas FSX terrain is just as inaccurate and unrealistic as X plane 10 one. I think there is already payware AI addon for X plane in development.

Good question, OP. The last line I recall is 'it's not cancelled, but we currently like XP10 and P3D' or something. Didn't they even have a separate forum for that sim? :huh:

As for XP10, I hope a future REX for it will establish a fresh breeze. I saw that Tim posted that they are thinking about it. Keep in mind that the REX folks are busy though, so it didn't read like anything coming up shortly.

I don't have any technical concerns on that new sim, but the 'art stuff' lacks of a bit of love, if you know what I mean. The game engine looks really promising (it likes my GPU ^_^ ) and their plans to offer 64bit basis on the next major update are just great when coming from the stressed FSX regime. And I love some stuff like the sloped runways or the whole night experience in XP10.

So would there even be a need, a market for another really new sim? I'm ok with buying scenery and planes for a fresh one.

If XP just needs some attention from a major dev like Aerosoft, this may indeed be the best business option instead of trying to reinvent the wheel a third time.

I asked this some time back, and the answer I got was that they decided against proceeding with it.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]