Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

I PAID OVER $40 FOR THIS!?!?!?!

Please download the latest beta and consult the Lice Camera

Lice? Yuk. There'll be cameras for the life cycle of a death watch beetle next!

<br />Is this still valid? <br />

Our intelligent turbulence effects which are linked to the weather and aircraft status (engine setting, gear state etc) are associated with our camera views so you have to create at least one and display it to see the DHM effects. If you are not using our cameras I think you can use FSUIPC to generate these effects instead.

Regards

Cheryl

I think you can use FSUIPC to generate these effects instead.

This would require a registered version of FSUIPC, wouldn't it?

I would hope that gusting and turbulence affected the aircraft even without cameras enabled. You miss out on the camera shake and such, but I prefer not to have that myself.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Seeing as there's no value in adding a new "thank you" thread, can I just say that this is perhaps the best add-on I've ever bought for FSX/P3D. I'm just blown away by the incredible difference Opus makes. Worth every cent. Have been constantly frustrated by the limited size of cloud formations with other weather products, great though they are for textures etc. This is SO immersive. Makes flying above the clouds what it always should have been. My hobby has never been so enjoyable and it's all down to Opus. It's revolutionary. Fantastic, thanks a million.

Thank you Big%20Grin.gif

Try the latest beta 2.50 which is hot off the press and contains a few goodies including new weather report windows, and there is a lot more to come...

Regards

Cheryl

Can I use this to remove all the crappy views that I have in all my aircrafts? I want only three views. VC, Outside fixed spot view and fly by view. Thats is.. No more wide angle views from the backseat.. no more view from the toilet seat, no more views from sitting on the wing... or the wheel bay.....etc..... Keep it simple Stupid... is the way to go.

I hate addons that add 100+ views to their aircraft. Its as bad as PC sellers adding junk software to their PC... Every time.. I have to cycle through junk, I suffer from tourette syndrome.

LOL :)

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I also would love to know how to delete views and only use the ones I have made for Opus. I hate having to cycle through views that I don't use also.

Guys,

Just assign the same keyboard shortcut to all your Opus views

From the OpusFSX Live camera PDF :

The same joystick button or keyboard input can be assigned to multiple camera views. In such

cases, repeated use of the assigned button or key will cycle through the assigned camera views.

The cycle will apply to the aircraft associated with the camera view, which may be a single

aircraft, a group, or all aircraft according to what you have configured.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I lOVE OPUS!!! 190%%%!!!!

However I REALLY wish that the turbulence created would move the aircraft.. and flex the wings.

I miss that...

OPUS is excellent in its weather engine. However, after using OPUS cameras for a couple weeks I decided to return to using EZDOk! I really wanted to replace EZDOK due to the confusing setup of cameras only to find OPUS even more confounding. I really appreciate EZDOK cameras now. EZDOK is much smoother in the way it transitions from 1 view to the other. Also, EZDOK is easier to set up cameras by pressing "2" and simply moving the views around. With OPUS you have to bring up the camera config screen which is cumbersome during flight. Also, for whatever reason the OPUS cameras sometimes stop working during flight and when I get back in a plane where I have already saved ALL camera views I have to start from scratch and set them all up again. I'm not saying this is due to poor software, it's probably my lack of paying attention to detail. With that said, it doesn't negate the fact that after a month of foolling with OPUS camera set up I am out of patience and just returned to EZDOK so I can fly!!! Perhaps I'll revisit OPUS cameras in the future but for now I'm done.

Guys,

Just assign the same keyboard shortcut to all your Opus views

From the OpusFSX Live camera PDF :

ya, got that part down. I think what people are saying along with the original poster of this request/mention is the default views that come with almost all aircraft that you can see when you right click.

OPUS is excellent in its weather engine. However, after using OPUS cameras for a couple weeks I decided to return to using EZDOk! I really wanted to replace EZDOK due to the confusing setup of cameras only to find OPUS even more confounding. I really appreciate EZDOK cameras now. EZDOK is much smoother in the way it transitions from 1 view to the other. Also, EZDOK is easier to set up cameras by pressing "2" and simply moving the views around. With OPUS you have to bring up the camera config screen which is cumbersome during flight. Also, for whatever reason the OPUS cameras sometimes stop working during flight and when I get back in a plane where I have already saved ALL camera views I have to start from scratch and set them all up again. I'm not saying this is due to poor software, it's probably my lack of paying attention to detail. With that said, it doesn't negate the fact that after a month of foolling with OPUS camera set up I am out of patience and just returned to EZDOK so I can fly!!! Perhaps I'll revisit OPUS cameras in the future but for now I'm done.

I'm with you here. I really enjoy EZdok's ease of use- middle mouse button to pan around, arrow keys to move forwards and backwards, as if I'm really inside the airplane. This- and having turbulence/gusts injected into FSX so that it actually affects the airplane are the two things on my wish list next to authentic winds/temps. Otherwise the program is a fundamental step forward in how we get our weather- and how true IFR flying looks. I think the folks at Opus understand that clouds are supposed to be beautiful AND be obstructions to visibility/navigation. This is the first addon that actually makes you rely on your instruments.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

We will be implementing the aircraft bump (turbulence) effect soon.

I don't think there is anything we can do to delete the default views that come with the aircraft.

Cheryl

Download the latest software ...

Please read the manual .... It is very straight forward ...

Figured out the live camera...and all I can say is WOW!! At first when I bought the Lancair Legacy that was the only thing I was flying. None of my other GA where getting any airtime. Now that I have figure out live camera and added it to some of my most loved GA's, I cannot stop flying them...this has brought new life into my fleet of GA planes. Also, why it has taken me so long to reply :-)

Thanks OpusFSX,

Ray

Thanks Ray, there's really only a few steps to mastering the camera creation and then enjoying the effects. If you fly the 737 and can't cope then upgrade to the latest 2.50.1 beta, delete your FSXSERVER.CAM file, run FSX then the FSXSERVER program and just edit the pre-installed camera views, assign your own buttons to the views. You can even also assign say the X key to all the views and cycle through with the X key, its very simple, just play with it. But do not touch the Restrict Aircraft button ... Its only for user who have dozens of views created on a great number of different aircraft.

Regards

Stephen

Users ...

The latest Live Camera manual even has a Step By Step guide to creating a VC camera view.

Download the latest beta, the latest manual and read the manual and follow the guide.

Regards

Stephen

Guest tymk

Can I use this to remove all the crappy views that I have in all my aircrafts? I want only three views. VC, Outside fixed spot view and fly by view. Thats is.. No more wide angle views from the backseat.. no more view from the toilet seat, no more views from sitting on the wing... or the wheel bay.....etc..... Keep it simple Stupid... is the way to go.

I hate that, too... With OPUS, you can basically stick to the VC view and use OPUS's shortcuts to activate various camera angles (I actually defined my own cameras manually before discovering OPUS, and cycled them with the "Next View" /"Previous View" keys, but now I no longer need them). However, if you want to cycle to different camera modes (external, etc.) using the "S" key, it's best to get rid of all the unwanted camera definitions. I'm afraid this has to be done manually...

First, look at Cameras.cfg in the c:\Users\<your profile>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder (backup the original file just in case). You can safely remove all unwanted views (they are clearly labeled). Alternatively, you can add CycleHidden = True at the end of each unwanted section, although it seems that this method is not 100% reliable.

The above takes care of the views that come with FSX. To remove unwanted custom views added by developers, you need to edit the respective Aircraft.cfg file. Look for entries starting with [CameraDefinition.x]. If you are using OPUS to control your views, you can safely remove all such entries, just leave [CameraDefinition.899] alone.