Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

I PAID OVER $40 FOR THIS!?!?!?!

This really looks like something worth getting. If I may ask, how does it compare to AS2012?

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Stephen, how will I best proceed when flying VATSIM with Opus WX to get correct weather? Thanks,

We hope to have the Vatsim option ready for you by next weekend, then all you will have to do is select Vatsim as your preferred weather server. We are also going to provide an option for users with poor NOAA METAR coverage (people in New Zealand for instance) to use the Vatsim server as a secondary server to download METAR data when less than 50% is available at NOAA.

Stephen

This really looks like something worth getting. If I may ask, how does it compare to AS2012?

It gives real world detailed and varied weather horizon to horizon.

Stephen

Hey William. Do you have this texture theme posted in the share feature in REX Essential? If not, care to share?

Sure buddy,

I will upload it tonight,

I believe my username for REX is WilliamJSS, but I will double check and post when I have it uploaded.

in other words, if we buy want to use Opus, we need to buy REX. Right?? So you did not pay 40 for this. You paid a lot more than 40 for this.

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

in other words, if we buy want to use Opus, we need to buy REX. Right?? So you did not pay 40 for this. You paid a lot more than 40 for this.

Aharon

Not at all, its up to you what textures you use

Aharon

Wrong. Why don't you try the freeware HDEv2 cloud textures, many say that are much better. Also you have the option, and one of our recommendations, to use the excellent payware FEX sky and cloud textures. There are many excellent texture packages to choose from.

There are many texture options, not all of them cost money.

Stephen

Sure buddy,

I will upload it tonight,

I believe my username for REX is WilliamJSS, but I will double check and post when I have it uploaded.

William, thanks a million.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

At one point or another I have owned and still have just about every weather related product. Until a few days ago I was using REX and AS 2012-- both great products. Then I read up on Opus and made the leap. What a difference flying has become!! No more waiting for the weather to load, no more stutters as weather loads on descent, no more weather injections as you make the final approach. Not all the weather "popping up" has been alleviated, but it is much more fluid. No regrets buying this.

Wrong. Why don't you try the freeware HDEv2 cloud textures, many say that are much better. Also you have the option, and our recommendation, to use the excellent payware FEX sky and cloud textures.

There are many texture options, not all of them cost money.

Stephen

But you want REX because they have the best textures :)

23.png

The choice of textures is a personal preference thing, there are plenty of excellent textures out there so its just a case of installing the ones you like. It doesn't matter to the LWE, the engine will try to bring out the best in any texture set.

Regards

Stephen

P.S. I have edited my earlier post, of course I should have hinted at there being an excellent variety of texture packages to choose from. :-)

Most people who try HDE or FEX think they look the most realistic textures but you can use whatever you have already got.

Regards

Cheryl

Don't forget though that this flows with TrackIR , has camera setup option like Ezca, only i find the interface easier, and head movement.

It is a pretty well rounded product IMO.

I installed Opus last night and took a short flight around San Francisco at dusk, leaving from KSFO There were a few ground level clouds floating past the golden gate bridge and over downtown, was absolutely beautiful! And by the time I got back to KSFO, the clouds were almost completely obscuring the runway... With the golden / pinkish sky turning darker by the minute, it was an incredible flight.

I've been flying a bit this morning as well, still blown away. In short, easily one of the best upgrades so far to my FSX install. I had been using AS, with FEX textures, and I although I never for a second thought AS was bad in anyway, I had yet to ever see weather like this.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I bought OPUS and it seems really great..only 1 flight so far. I am reluctant to use the camera views though since I have so much time invested in setting up the competitor's camera views. My question is: is it worth changing all my camera views to OPUS? Is there any draw back to do this? How easy is it to set up external views? I've had the leading competitor 6+ mos. and still haven't figured out how to do external views. The weather portion is amazing and I highly recommend OPUSFSX...it bring FSX to a new, higher level of realism.

Phillp,

camera views set up is very straightforward..I recreated easily the same views I had with the "competitor".....transition between views is smooth. However the great added value of using Opus cameras is the Dynamic Head Movement (DHM) which introduces extremely realistic airframe vibrations and turbulence bumps . You say "...weather portion brings FSX to a new, higher level of realism..." (which I fully agree).... well, you will also be amazed by using the camera views...

Have a nice flight..!

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR