Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Need some serious help

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

Suggest you re-enable Windows UAC (2 notches up the slider and restart PC).

Go to \Flight Simulator X installation folder and check you have...

fsInsider.dll 

fsInsider.ini

A folder named <MCE dlls> folder, with many dlls inside it (about 40).

Barring that, make sure you have installed FSX SP1 followed by SP2 for the FSX boxed version (not required for FSX Steam Edition). Here are the download links

SP1: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack1.aspx

SP2: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack2.aspx

i did all these but still no go. i am re-installing fsx... i had installed some graphics mods, may be due to it. anyways, lets see... if you have any emails of yours, or some social pages please do let me know, i will contact you directly then.

6 hours ago, Neil_Kerman said:

i did all these but still no go. i am re-installing fsx... i had installed some graphics mods, may be due to it. anyways, lets see... if you have any emails of yours, or some social pages please do let me know, i will contact you directly then.

It's unlikely graphics card would have any influence since the couple of dlls that run inside fsx.exe process don't draw anything. There is no panel inside FSX itself.

MCE runs as an external proces (mce.exe). Even the speech engine is run inside "mce.exe", not "fsx.exe" for better stability of the sim.

Sure, support via e-mail always available here: support=at=multicrewxp.com (replace =at= with the e-mail sign.)

8 hours ago, Neil_Kerman said:

Before you consider re-installing FSX, go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder and open "dll.xml"

Make sure you have these lines.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsInsider.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Without the dll loading inside FSX process, you'd get that error message regarding MCE not being able to connect to the sim.

After re-installing FSX and applying both SP1 and SP2, you also need to re-install MCE and run the app wizard.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard. No need to go through speech training if you already performed that.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:39 PM, FS++ said:

Before you consider re-installing FSX, go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder and open "dll.xml"

Make sure you have these lines.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsInsider.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Without the dll loading inside FSX process, you'd get that error message regarding MCE not being able to connect to the sim.

After re-installing FSX and applying both SP1 and SP2, you also need to re-install MCE and run the app wizard.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard. No need to go through speech training if you already performed that.

I did all what you have said, but still it's not working. It is not being able to detect the simulator. Since it is not working and my time got wasted so much, I want to give you a punishment.

Punishment: You have to fix the problem for me... :P haha

Edit: it worked on my brother's computer with P3D... But still no go for mine one with FSX 

3 hours ago, Neil_Kerman said:

I did all what you have said, but still it's not working. It is not being able to detect the simulator. Since it is not working and my time got wasted so much, I want to give you a punishment.

Edit: it worked on my brother's computer with P3D... But still no go for mine one with FSX 

What Windows version are you running?

7 minutes ago, Neil_Kerman said:

It's windows 10.1 pro

Assuming you didn't override folders permissions or things like that, all I can suggest is the following...

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Run the Windows 10 UAC tool and set it to default 2 notches up the slider.

Restart PC for changes to take effect.

Download latest MCE package here

Download, unzip and run "InstallMCE".

Install to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Set "fsx.exe" to run as admin. If launching FSX via a third party app like "SimStarter" or other, set the launcher app to run as admin, otherwise FSX won't be running as such.

Tell your anti-virus to trust both "fsx.exe" and "mce.exe".

If you've shared the FSX installation folder un-share it.

Restore MCE to factory settings.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

That will get you to go through the wizard again. No need for speech training if already went through that.

Assuming "dll.xml" has the reference to fsInsider.dll mentioned above, file is present inside FSX root folder and you have authorized the dll to run, FSX should load it and MCE finally able to connect to it.

Now, just in case you told FSX earlier not to load the dll, go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder and open "fsx.cfg"

Find any line in the file that has keyword fsInsider.dll and delete it. FSX should definitely prompt to load the dll next time you run it.

Finally, on very rare occasions, FSX might come up with an error that suggests something is wrong with fsInsider.dll. Maybe that's the case and FSX is simply not showing any.

Read this thread to understand the issue and use the fix.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Assuming you didn't override folders permissions or things like that, all I can suggest is the following...

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Run the Windows 10 UAC tool and set it to default 2 notches up the slider.

Restart PC for changes to take effect.

Download latest MCE package here

Download, unzip and run "InstallMCE".

Install to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Set "fsx.exe" to run as admin. If launching FSX via a third party app like "SimStarter" or other, set the launcher app to run as admin, otherwise FSX won't be running as such.

Tell your anti-virus to trust both "fsx.exe" and "mce.exe".

If you've shared the FSX installation folder un-share it.

Restore MCE to factory settings.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

That will get you to go through the wizard again. No need for speech training if already went through that.

Assuming "dll.xml" has the reference to fsInsider.dll mentioned above, file is present inside FSX root folder and you have authorized the dll to run, FSX should load it and MCE finally able to connect to it.

Now, just in case you told FSX earlier not to load the dll, go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder and open "fsx.cfg"

Find any line in the file that has keyword fsInsider.dll and delete it. FSX should definitely prompt to load the dll next time you run it.

Finally, on very rare occasions, FSX might come up with an error that suggests something is wrong with fsInsider.dll. Maybe that's the case and FSX is simply not showing any.

Read this thread to understand the issue and use the fix.

I forgot to mention: mine is not normal boxed edition. Its, FSX Delux Edition.

1 hour ago, Neil_Kerman said:

I forgot to mention: mine is not normal boxed edition. Its, FSX Delux Edition.

The Deluxe Edition usually ships with the Acceleration pack.

Based on the screenshot you posted earlier it doesn't seem like you installed the acceleration pack which would patch it to Service Pack 2 (FSX SP2).

21 hours ago, FS++ said:

The Deluxe Edition usually ships with the Acceleration pack.

Based on the screenshot you posted earlier it doesn't seem like you installed the acceleration pack which would patch it to Service Pack 2 (FSX SP2).

yeah it worked! i actually didn't install the Xpack...!!! But, unfortunately the trial period is over, i couldn't even try mce when i fixed it. I really have BAD LUCK! 

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, Neil_Kerman said:

Punishment accepted. :tongue:

Problem solved.

Now, your punishment..........Buy MCE without going through trial. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously though.

If you happen to have the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321, be aware Aerosoft has licensed MCE for use with those 2 planes.

We have produced a separate package that can only be used with Aerosoft A320/A321, not even A318/A319

It doesn't require activation.

Details here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/110775-attention-all-bus-drivers/

Obviously, since there is no Aerosoft bus in P3D V4, the package will only work with FSX or P3D V3

The Ultimate Edition, not only supports A320/A321, it also covers almost all heavy hitters (PMDG, FSL A320, Majestic Q400, Captain Sim, iFly, CoolSky and Quality Wings aircraft. 41 complex aircraft supported so far, not counting default aircraft or small fish like the light aircraft from Carenado or A2A and many other ones that are as simple as the default ones..

Support for newly released aircraft on the way. QW 787 is just around the corner.

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

Punishment accepted. :tongue:

Problem solved.

Now, your punishment..........Buy MCE without going through trial. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously though.

If you happen to have the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321, be aware Aerosoft has licensed MCE for use with those 2 planes.

We have produced a separate package that can only be used with Aerosoft A320/A321, not even A318/A319

It doesn't require activation.

Details here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/110775-attention-all-bus-drivers/

Obviously, since there is no Aerosoft bus in P3D V4, the package will only work with FSX or P3D V3

The Ultimate Edition, not only supports A320/A321, it also covers almost all heavy hitters (PMDG, FSL A320, Majestic Q400, Captain Sim, iFly, CoolSky and Quality Wings aircraft. 41 complex aircraft supported so far, not counting default aircraft or small fish like the light aircraft from Carenado or A2A and many other ones that are as simple as the default ones..

Support for newly released aircraft on the way. QW 787 is just around the corner.

I don't have aerosoft airbus either... This is a cruel punishment! haha :angry::biggrin::biggrin:

Although I followed all the recommendations above, MCE doesn't hear/understand me. During setup process, I was able to perform the speech training. But at step 9, I didn't got a response. And with flightsim started, I don't get any response/reaction too.

My flightsim is P3Dv4.

Could this be a problem with fsinsider64.dll?

What can I do? 

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

14 hours ago, Arndt777 said:

Although I followed all the recommendations above, MCE doesn't hear/understand me. During setup process, I was able to perform the speech training. But at step 9, I didn't got a response. And with flightsim started, I don't get any response/reaction too.

My flightsim is P3Dv4.

Could this be a problem with fsinsider64.dll?

What can I do? 

It's very likely because you have multiple audio devices and MCE (as well as the wizard) didn't set the spech engine to listen on the correct device.

Click Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device.

Select correct Audio In and Audio Out, click OK and let the wizard make automatic adjustments if necessary.

With MCE running, go to <About> tab and check which devices are listed under "Sound In" and "Sound Out"

Are you using a USB headset or a conventional one with 3 mm jacks?

If it's a conventional one, is it plugged to front of the PC or the back? Is your audio device (built into the motherboard) from Realtek?

My devices are correctly recognized. I checked that.

I have a headset with 3 mm jacks and an USB adapter. So far, I have used the USB adapter and plugged it on the front. Now I tested with plugging the jack into the back. But still the same: At speech training it is working, but not in game.

Yes, I have a Realtek audio device. 

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768