Sign in to follow this  
ads2006

PMDG 737NGX with Windows 8

I tested NGX and FSX and P3D two month with the enterprise RTM version.

And I have FSX and NGX since day 1 now - means a week.

No problems with all of them.

No problems with FSX / PMDG / WIN 8, problems are with P3D / PMDG / WIN 8. I have the 4.858 version (latest) of FSUIPC registered, but have given me another solution from the device manager I'm testing right now. I have the 4858 version (latest) of FSUIPC registered, but have given me another solution from the device manager I'm testing right now. Basically default W8 has labeled "Disable USB device to save power)" Device Manager / Universal Serial Bus controllers / Generic USB Hub .... properties / energy and there we find the famous check box.

Stay on windows 7 for desktops is my opinion.

I second that. Windows 8 is too much geared towards tablet and touch usage and serves Microsoft mainly to get their feet into the mobile market.

I'll wait and see what Windows 9 (or whatever it may be called by then) will have in stock for desktop users.

Dave P. Woycek

Im Using Windows 8 and it seems there is a few errors on the model/texture. I loaded the plane at a airport and as it was initializing it crashes. In some parts like the VC some of the panel models are gone aswell as inside the engine is gone.

The Livery Manager also crashes upon loading a livery.

It worked perfectly on Win7 though.

I don't think I can help a member of the Vanu Sovereignty, sorry. :P

You need to run the livery manager with the Run As Administrator command.

Can you submit a ticket about the graphical issues with the airplane - we'll go through some steps we have for troubleshooting.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You don't need to go to Win 8 to use the touch screen app for your FMC, etc.

It works just as well with Win 7.

I personally will be sticking with Win 7 for all of my FSX computers. I went over to Win 8 last year when it first came out (on my two htpc's) and had abunch of update problems (which Microsoft acknowledged).

I don't like the interface and much prefer my Win 7.

I keep using Win 8, so I get used to it, but I'll be kicking and scratching before I change over my FSX rigs.

Frank Cooper

I run windows 8 on my gaming rig (testing shows that it gives a performance boost to multicore CPU's which was part of my reasoning for it) I have been a windows 8 user for about 7 months (on my two laptops) and i absolutely love it, Windows 7 seems to be quite old and clunky, not to mention slow in comparison! I encounter this problem every single time i try to install the NGX:

1063936_612659495425878_567749478_o_zps5

Every other add-on I have works flawlessly (Airbus X Extended, Dubai Rebooted, Majestic Dash 8 etc) Anyone got an idea of what I'm supposed to do now, or have I just wasted $70 on this program which sadly doesn't work?

Did you run as administrator?

You have FSX installed in the program files,which is NOT recommened.

Please look here to install correctly.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Regards,

Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Bonjour,

Avec Windows 8, j'ai un problème : le Livery Manager n’installe pas les livrées supplémentaires. Plus exactement, elles s'installent mais n'apparaissent pas (dans Livery Manager, dans l'arborescence FS x et dans FS X lui même (avec tous les avions "cochés" naturellement).

Je suis l'admnistrateur du système et ai désactivé anti-virus et pare-feu ).

Quelqu'un a t-il une solution ?

also make sure you've FSX SP1 and SP2 installed.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020