Sign in to follow this  
NicolasTAP

Prepar3d and Windows 8

Thanks Ralf, thought it was only my system.

I also thought some of the fonts on the 3rd party aircraft did not look right - (you know which one :))

The fact that I have the Academic version means that the watermark is even more prominent than in Windows 7

Hope you don't mind me using your screenshot here:

http://janvaane.org/prepar3d/?page_id=20#comment-718

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Back to FSX for me until LM fix the W8 crashes, and hopefully in the near future.

Hi

I must say, I did not have a single "fatal error" on my latest Windows8/P3D setup, since I managed that "Windows Search" issue.

OK, the other way to solve it, is to simply wait, until Microsoft Search completes some time later.

My recommendation is also: Do NOT install FSX on a computer, where you want to use P3D.

Don't try to remove FSX and use the same partition to setup P3D.

Start with deleting existing partitions in the WIndows8 Setup.

Ralf

Just lost my joystick in FSX with W8, so it's back to W7 I go!

Beginning to think W8 is not the best platform for simulation.

Funny enough, using the upgrade install from Windows 7 to 8 seems to have fixed the controller issue.

Since Saturday, I've not had one instance of the controllers disapearing.

It seems to have fixed nearly all the crashes.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I also went back to Win 7. I was experiencing menu CTDs along with disappearing controllers. To be honest I wasn't crazy about Win8 as I don't have a touchscreen device. Found myself commuting between Metro and Desktop all too often. No fun.

Ryan Kelly

DISAPPEARING CONTROLLER FIX FOR WINDOWS 8

- Device Manager

- Generic USB Hub, Right Click, Properties, Power Management

- Untick 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

- Device Manager

Glad the suggestion worked :)

Jude Bradley

- Device Manager

I will try this, thanks.

As an IT support person I'm wondering why W7 didn't exhibit the same behaviour.

I will also check my Power Options to make sure it's set to the High Performance plan.

It might also be worth disabling the USB Selective Suspend Setting in the Advanced Power Options.

Dalight Thanks, I will try it now.

The problem I have is also the PMDG 737 NGX I load the plane that I have saved by default as primary flight correctly, but if I want to change the texture by selecting another plane simulator I closed an unexpected error ... does not happen with any other device.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my English.

Dalight Thanks, I will try it now.

The problem I have is also the PMDG 737 NGX I load the plane that I have saved by default as primary flight correctly, but if I want to change the texture by selecting another plane simulator I closed an unexpected error ... does not happen with any other device.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my English.

I also had this problem but was running Prepar3d in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Now I run P3D "normally" - as in no compatibility mode checked in the Prepar3d.exe properties. Since that change, I no longer get CTD when re-loading scenery or changing time of day with PMDG NGX also loaded.

I also had this problem but was running Prepar3d in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Now I run P3D "normally" - as in no compatibility mode checked in the Prepar3d.exe properties. Since that change, I no longer get CTD when re-loading scenery or changing time of day with PMDG NGX also loaded.

Sorry you do not understand very well, my English is translated by Google. You say you had that problem when ejecutabas P3D in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and now I run mode (normal) (Windows XP) and load ok PMDG 737 NGX, even alternating between different liveries?

Please confirms.

Thanks for the advise to fix the controller issue in Win8. I will save these notes in my P3D installer folder. Now that Im all set up in Win7 again, I probably will wait unitl the next version of P3D to try next gen win.

Ryan Kelly

Upgraded to Win8, but not able to test P3D yet because of the limited activations. Now I have to wait until they get back to me on my e-mail :(

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen