Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

The Chinese Thread

Ka-ching... :)

Panzhihua!

I had the UTT S-76 first, at least since last friday. I bought directly from UTT and payed 8.99 $ (just in case you want to have their EC-120 or Mi-8, too)  :P

I have a certain shimmering, too, so it seems to be scenery-related indeed (airport grass texture?), but it's acceptable. Perhaps, if I have solved my Tu-134 energy problem, I'll try to find and to convert the appropriate texture.

By the way, I read AirDailyX - mildly spoken - very rarely. So ZUZH came surprisingly out of the sun for me. I hope one day ZBAA, ZPPP, ZUUU ore something else (whereever the most blue roofs are) hits me the same way.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have a certain shimmering, too
Ah, OK I'll have a little look also, then.

PS Plenty of Squirrels in my sim already... never thought to pick up the Mil's.

At that price, would be criminal not to, I suppose.

P.S.: Yes, and as usual from UTT, together with the Mi-8 you get a huge amount of repaints and helipads and flightplans for your "Siberian AI", not counted the further repaints and flightplans available at UTT and avsimrus. I have exactly 377 repaints of the Mi-8 flying around. Unfortunately, I never understood to make Afcads for their vertical takeoff and landing.

The SBAI Mi-2 and Mi-26  have the same quality - although I believe that only the Mi-2 has vertical takeoff and landing - and are even freeware (of course you have to make your flightplans yourself).

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Back on topic:

I have a certain shimmering, too
which I fixed by running the textures through Convimx with mips, so all good.

You have to love this: flying along, I looked straight out over the cowling and there was the airport. (Look at the altimeter!)

uoww.jpg

Thanks to nmerced for finding this excellent Imaginesim scenery for ZSPD

ymeu.jpg

Very well done, despite no AESlite or AES! (We became so spoilt so quickly with all the airport GSV's didn't we?)

EDIT: Whoops! it is AES-ready, I'll have to do my screenshots all over again... :)

Good user reviews on the SImMarket page.

You fellers need to look at the multitude of freeware AP's in China. On my FS9 I have 38 "enhanced", 88 "improved" and "28 "default" standard of airport installed. The rating I have given is based on the normal FS9

basic default airport standards." Enhanced" means the airport has realistic looking buildings on display, and, of course," improved" means better than a standard MS default would be expected to display. Many of the downloads are multi airport packages, and they overlap. So a lot of sorting is required to get what you want when loading.

My home airport is ZYTL in the N.E. of China. Happy flying, and good luck with the sorting. Roy.

Yes we have a somewhat parallel discussion taking place.

Not sure which freeware is going to co-exist with the Skysoft/Imagine Sim offerings?

The one I tried hung the sim and wants to change things in \Scenery\asia\scenery which gives me pause for thought.

WingZ,

Sorry to hear your first try was not a confidence booster. Don't give up though. I doubt if there will be any freeware that will compete with a "top end" payware item. Personally I would prefer to "fill the gaps" with acceptable freeware, than only have ten percent of the airports represented, but that is up to the individuals preferences. Btw there is a very good freeware mesh available for China, but check that one of the Himalayan tiles does not repeat itself in northen Algeria near the Libian western border (depends on what else you have installed). Main thing is to enjoy your flying. Roy.

and there was the airport. (Look at the altimeter!)

And I looked at your Airspeed Indicator... :lol:

Regarding the behaviour of several Chinese sceneries together:

I once have downloaded all_china_scenery_v2.3.22.zip from the library, too. Instead of installing it completely, I only took the .bgl-files which I was able to doubtlessly identify belonging to a certain airport (ZSPD, ZUUU and some other). No crash so far. I've seen that this archive contains modified VOR and ADF database. This may be a problem, as I experienced crashs with similar modified navaids in China, maybe in conjunction with Hervé Sors' worldwide navaid updates. Even the navaids delivered with Skysoft's ZULS (and perhaps others?) did actually cause problems, we already discussed this here.

In the library, there is a ZBAA scenery (I think by William Morgan)which is, in my opinion, better then that in the said archive.

Regards,

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Roy, thanks for pointing out the available stuff.

I'll take Harald's course maybe, and add ones that are of immediate interest (There's no way I'd get to 150+ airports anyway, in my FS-allotted time!). Any recommendations or oddities?

And I looked at your Airspeed Indicator...

Frozen pitot in the Skymaster again... one of the joys of GA flying is I never actually look at the dials!

I quite enjoy these offerings popping up from time to time, as mentioned I'm not sure I could  cover all of China in one hit! Be good to hear of any issues that may arise from adding singletons here and there. 

So far I only use ZSPD, ZSSS and ZGGG from this package, without (known) problems. I also tested ZUUU but it was outdated. There are more quite simple, but up-to-date sceneries for a lot of airports by Yohann Baptiste in the library. Finally, look at the ZWWW scenery at

http://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?action=download&id=48182

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

There's been some discussion about (a lack of) AI at ZSPD.

Thanks to a new AFCAD from Flukey

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438329-kmco-orlando-for-fs9-released-by-taxi2gate/?p=3000545

the heavies have increased their presence

9xx4.jpg

xyjk.jpg

These are simply WOAI no more, populated by entering ZSPD as the search airport here:

http://www.world-of-ai.com/airports.php

And yes, AES is active here...

n2twm.jpg

The recent sale of Thai Creations packages caused me to get them all!

Not really Chinese at all, Kathmandu nevertheless is another pearl in the string of Himalayan airports starting over in China, and makes a great destination from ZUNZ.

FH3tgU.png

RW weather is not always conducive to screenshotting, but I managed to find the airport.

Very nicely done I thought, and I'll go back in the high summer to look.

uZwuo8.jpg

Of course FL25 to ZUNZ from there, takes you past Everest shoulder-high. The whole trip has ground rather closer than usual, getting down is a pretty steep affair.

egzftR.jpg

Of course FL25 to ZUNZ from there, takes you past Everest shoulder-high. The whole trip has ground rather closer than usual, getting down is a pretty steep affair.

Do you have the RNP SID/STARs for ZUNZ?

Zicheng Cai

takes you past Everest shoulder-high

I guess you have Holger Sandmanns Everest mesh and phototerrain installed?

130218B727ZULS10_zps290ef1c4.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg