Sign in to follow this  
Garciamk4

FS2004 Simulated Moving Road Traffic

You forgot one thing.

You tease us with this and then don't tell us where to get it, or is it your little secret.

regards,

Joe

I found these Really Nice Simulated Traffic, Basically what this little addon does is add tiny moving lights that ride along the Roads in FS2004 worldwide. It pretty much Simulate's Traffic headlights to add a bit of realism to your flight. This has been around for quite a while and most of you probably know about it, but for those who dint,you should most definitely check it out..

This little addon make flying in fs2004 alot of fun i surely enjoy it. I use Fs Passengers and Air Hauler alot and ill be totally honest the feeling i get just after finishing a Job in Air Hauler, Or finishing a flight in FsPassengers just before landing Is much more interesting with this little feature. You can get it here http://www.unnt.ru/meeee/ Picture below the video will show you where to click once in the page.

iThe name of the file is (fs9_roads.rar) http://www.unnt.ru/meeee/

Best part is This gets added Worlwide so no matter where you fly, the raods will always be busy. (this is a light addon and DOES NOT reduce FPS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps5wSXZg-Xk

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed - exceeded 1600W and 400KB limits.

You forgot one thing.

You tease us with this and then don't tell us where to get it, or is it your little secret.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

You forgot one thing.

regards,

Joe

LOL Sorry about that, i updated the post above with the link Cheers B)

I couldn't find anything on Google.. We may never know?

I've updated the post above guys sorry about that lol http://www.unnt.ru/meeee/ there is a picture underneath my video just scroll this page to the top for my updated post on how to gegt this above the picture will show you where to click Have Fun :rolleyes:

One thing that always terrifies me, is to be presented with a .rar file!....(instead of a Winzip file)

Anyway, after extracting it, I am left with the following files in the .rar Folder:

Autogen Folder.

Scenery Folder.

terrain.cfg File. 59,517

What do I do now?...Where do they go?... :( ...?

I am normally OK with adding Folders and Files to the Sim Add-on Scenery Library, but I suspect these may require a different procedure?

Many thanks for any assistance with funny .rar Files!... :biggrin: ...!

Paul.... :Bug: ...!

You could basically just extract those folders/files right into the FS9 directory. However, I'd recommend backing up your old files in those locations and keeping them in a safe place, if for whatever reason, you don't like this new addon.

If you want to be careful about it, go to [main FS9 folder]/Autogen, and cut that file (I believe it's called "default", a .xml file) and paste it to a safe place outside of your FS9 directory. Then go to [main fs9 folder]/Scenery/Generic and do the same with that file. Do the same with the terrain.cfg file in the main fs9 folder.

Then, unzip your rar files/folders to a place you can find them, then just paste them directly into the main FS9 folder. Agree to merge or whatever it asks you to do. Then you should be good to go.

Like I said, MAKE SURE TO BACK THE ORIGINAL FILES UP FIRST!

I am curious to see how compatible this is with Ultimate Terrain though, I mean I hope it doesn't try to add street lights on top of the ones UT already provides. I have yet to try it over a UT area though, I'll try it later.

In case anyone didn't know, this addon also adds night street lighting to the default FS9 roads, so you can fly anywhere in the world and have UTesque lights.

Thanks for the guidance, Mike!... :biggrin: ...!

..it sounds frightening!.. :Thinking: ....!

I'll have a VERY careful go at it... :Nail Biting: ...(before, or after, a very big glass on Wine?)...!

Paul... :Monkey: ....!

P.S....I also have UT USA and Canada...

The only oddity is that you have headlights in both directions, an no red tail lamps!

Of course, those of you that drive on the left-hand side of the road will be completely confused!

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Fozzer, just for reference, look in your rar file, and look at the folder path those files are in. The two folders and the terrain file are meant to be dropped right into your FS9 directory. Just back up your originals before you do that.

Basically a simpler version of what I said earlier :P

One thing that always terrifies me, is to be presented with a .rar file!....(instead of a Winzip file)

Anyway, after extracting it, I am left with the following files in the .rar Folder:

Auto-gen Folder.

Scenery Folder.

terrain.cfg File. 59,517

What do I do now?...Where do they go?... :( ...?

I am normally OK with adding Folders and Files to the Sim Add-on Scenery Library, but I suspect these may require a different procedure?

Many thanks for any assistance with funny .rar Files!... :biggrin: ...!

Paul.... :Bug: ...!

Dont be Scared FOZZER i can assure you its safe.... i actually found this here on AVSIM in an older post. Also if you dint know aprt from the Stationary Street lights and the moving headlights, this also adds Stationary cars on the roads during the day. If youe like some of us and Dont use the Defualt.xml found in your Auto-gen directory, it is not necessary to place the included Deafualt.xml of this package into that folder.

It doesn't effect the Moving Headlights at all, the headlights are included in the Scenery Directory along with the Values in the Terrain.cfg. The Actual Deafualt.XML Is basically just for the stationary cars during Day Flying.

So for those who dont use the Default.XML IN THE AUTO-GEN Directory just simply paste the Scenery and Terrain.CFG as i did into your main FS9 directory. B)

Okay, I just flew over an American city just to see how this worked with UT, and my highways at night are all black.

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed - exceeded 1600W

Dont be Scared FOZZER i can assure you its safe.... i actually found this here on AVSIM in an older post. Also if you dint know aprt from the Stationary Street lights and the moving headlights, this also adds Stationary cars on the roads during the day. If youe like some of us and Dont use the Defualt.xml found in your Auto-gen directory, it is not necessary to place the included Deafualt.xml of this package into that folder.

It doesn't effect the Moving Headlights at all, the headlights are included in the Scenery Directory along with the Values in the Terrain.cfg. The Actual Deafualt.XML Is basically just for the stationary cars during Day Flying.

So for those who dont use the Default.XML IN THE AUTO-GEN Directory just simply paste the Scenery and Terrain.CFG as i did into your main FS9 directory. B)

Just a word of caution here. I'm running FS9.1 on WinXP and UT. I just tried what you suggested and it caused FS9 not to run. I got a "Cannot Read" something or other error and the program terminated. I went and substituted original files and same thing happened. I had to reinstall my computer from an image created a day ago and all is now well. I won't be trying again. I'm going to leave well enough alone. I'm beginning to learn in my advanced age, that once you have things working well,..... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hi, I run this little add-on without problems - but without UT, too. Therefore I see the "cars" driving in my sim, but no UT street lights (and just the cars were what I wanted). See the cited other thread for a discussion regarding UT street lights.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/380198-simulating-road-traffic-for-fs9/

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg